It’s Pancake Day on 28th February and the thought of pancakes is making us hungry!
Whip up a few pancakes for everyone using our easy pancake recipe and get creative with different toppings and fillings from sweet to savoury. Here are 10 mouth-watering ideas!
- Lemon and Sugar – The good old traditional lemon and sugar topping is the perfect combination of sweet and sour.
- Honey and Fruit – Top your pancakes with the fruit of your choice and drizzle some honey over them, we’ve used blueberries and raspberries.
- Nutella and Fruit – If you want to make your fruit more exciting, add some Nutella! We think bananas and strawberries taste scrumptious in nutella filled pancakes.
- Fruit and Yoghurt – For a healthier alternative, add fat-free yoghurt with your favourite fruits such as strawberries, blueberries and bananas. Or why not use tropical fruits such as pineapple and mango?
- Nutella and Peanut Butter – We think this duo is a match made in heaven. Spread Nutella on one half and peanut butter onto the other of your pancake. Fold your pancake and enjoy!
- Apple and Cinnamon – Cook chopped apple pieces and boil with cinnamon for a flavoursome filling to your pancakes.
- Fruit and Nuts – Being some crunch to your pancakes by adding nuts and your favourite fruits on top.
- Tomato and Mushroom – If pancakes are already too sweet for you, fry some tomatoes and mushrooms for a savoury filling.
- Bacon, Egg and Sausages – You can still have a full English breakfast with your pancakes!
- Mushroom and Cheese – Fry some mushrooms and melt as much cheese as your heart desires for breakfast.