Smooth chocolate mousse mixed with a boozy kick for the perfect weekend treat
Preparation Time: 20 mins
Soaking Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- 50g Whitworths prunes
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 100g plain chocolate
- 2 eggs medium separated
- 200mls double cream
- Chop the prunes then soak in brandy for 10 minutes, setting aside a few for decoration later.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl over simmering water then remove from the heat.
- Leave to cool for a little then stir in the egg yolks and prunes.
- Whip 150ml of the cream until starting to hold its shape then fold into the chocolate mixture.
- Whisk the egg whites until stiff, add the sugar then whisk again.
- Fold the egg whites into the chocolate and cream mixture and divide between 4 glasses. Refrigerate and chill for 1 hour.
- Whip the remaining 50ml of cream until holding in soft peaks then spoon on the top of the mousse, sprinkle with the set aside prunes then serve and enjoy!