Did you know that more than 70% of girls are unhappy about their appearance and how they fit in with friends? And whilst they are quick to see the beauty in others, they rarely recognise it in themselves!
The truth is everyone is beautiful and unique in their own way. It’s normal to compare yourself to others. But it’s not a fair comparison when you’re comparing how you feel on the inside with the way others look on the outside.
If you can relate to feeling like this, then fear not.
Here’s some tips to help you feel more positive and confident in the future:
- Make the most of what nature gave you – whether you’ve got silky soft hair, lovely dark eyes, or the best looking nails, there’ll be something about you that you like. So make the most of your favourite features.
- Love yourself – you don’t have to go round shouting about it, but it’s important that you love who you are. When you help out at home or are supportive and kind to your friends, be pleased with yourself.
- Be proud – if you do well in your homework or feel you handled an awkward situation the right way, then well done! When you do something well, keep doing it. Yay!
- Learn to take criticism –The truth is whatever you do or don’t do, not everyone will approve of it and that’s life. Behave in a way you approve of and accept people see things differently.
- Find your own style – Rather than strictly following fashion, spend some time thinking about what really appeals to you rather than what others may think.
- Thinking positively – It’s up to you to decide what’s important and how you handle everyday situations. If you get into the habit of thinking negatively, you may find this becomes second nature and you may end up being negative about everything.
Poundland have a range of Health & Beauty products for everyone, you can browse online or visit your nearest store. Remember to Like Us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up to receive our newsletter if you want to keep up to date with all our offers and prize draw!