These cress heads are fun for kids to put together and grow incredibly quickly, so your kids will have a family of cress heads on their windowsill in 7-10 days.
You can use eggshells or empty yoghurt pots, and decorate them to look like friends and family.
When the cress has grown a few inches, cut it off and enjoy in an egg sandwich for lunch!
What you need:
• A pack of cress seeds
• Empty yoghurt pots or eggshells
• Kitchen roll
• Cotton wool
• Paints and glitter to decorate the heads
What to do:
1. Decorate and add features to your cress head pot or eggshell before you plant the seeds, maybe styling it on yourself or a family member!
2. Wet some kitchen roll and put it in the bottom of your head, then wet some cotton wool and place on top of the kitchen roll. Leave a 3cm gap between the cotton wool and the top of the eggshell or pot
3. Sprinkle a teaspoon of cress seeds onto the wet cotton wool, and press down gently with your finger
4. Place the cress heads in a warm place, exposed to daylight and wait for your seeds to grown into tiny, delicious bushes of cress!
Don’t miss out on our great range of Gardening essentials by Charlie Dimmock – VIEW THE GARDENING RANGE ONLINE!