This step by step guide is also what’s called a Black Matte French Manicure. In a nutshell the nail is painted black matte and the tip is glossy. What we particularly love is that it takes just £1 to get this look (again and again).
You will need Pretty Matte and Gloss nail varnish available in Poundland. There are three colours to choose from; plum, blue and black. For this step by step we have used black. Ensure the nail and surrounding skin is completely dry and free from any oils or moisturisers before you begin.
- Take the Matte Varnish & apply one coat to clean nails.
- Make sure the nail is coated evenly with the Matte Polish.
- Paint each nail applying a second coat if desired.
- Once the Matte Varnish is completely dry, use the gloss to paint a French tip onto your nail.
- Starting at the tip of your nail paint the gloss to the edge of your nail to create a glossy nail tip.
- Make sure the tip is painted evenly, once you are satisfied with the gloss tip, wait to dry.
- Your Matte and Gloss Manicure is complete.