Join us on Facebook for the chance to win 1 of 10 family (2x Adults, 2x Children) cinema tickets which also includes 2 large drinks and a large popcorn! You’ll also win one of the bears!
Terms and Conditions
Please read before you enter our prize draw.
1. These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) are the terms and conditions that apply to the “Spot the Bears Game” prize draw (the “Prize Draw”) as promoted by Poundland Limited (company number 02495645) whose registered office is at Wellmans Road, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV13 2QT (the “Promoter”).
2. Participation in the Prize Draw constitutes acceptance of the Terms. By entering the Prize Draw all entrants will be deemed to be bound by the Terms.
3. In the event of any dispute regarding the conduct of the Prize Draw and all matters relating to the Prize Draw, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence or discussions will be entered into.
4. The Prize Draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 or over.
5. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, their affiliated brands and companies or any other persons professionally connected with the Prize Draw or their immediate families are excluded from entering the Prize Draw.
6. The opening date of the Prize Draw is 18th November 2014 (the “Opening Date”) and the Closing Date is 11:59pm on 30th November 2014 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date shall not be included in the Prize Draw.
7. To enter the Prize Draw: No purchase necessary. Simply (between the Opening Date and the Closing Date):
(b) Log into your Facebook account;
(c) Follow the Poundland Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/Poundland;
(d) Successfully complete the Spot the Bears Game (the “Game”) on Poundland’s Facebook page. To successfully complete the Game, find all three bears among the windows and select them as soon as they appear; and
(e) Complete and submit the entry form.
8. Entries must be submitted via http://www.facebook.com/Poundland and cannot be sent via post.
9. No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted.
10. Internet access and a valid email address are required. Entrants must have a valid Facebook account.
11. Multiple entries are not permitted and only one entry per Facebook user will be accepted. Any person reasonably suspected of having created multiple Facebook accounts for the purpose of entering the Prize Draw shall be disqualified
12. Those entrants that submit an entry in accordance with the Terms between the Opening Date and the Closing Date will be automatically entered into the draw.
13. The first 10 entrants drawn at random from those entries eligible for entry to the Prize Draw will win the Prize.
14. The Prize consists of 2 Adult and 2 Children cinema tickets to see one film at any Cineworld in the UK, a voucher for 1 large popcorn and 2 large drinks to be redeemed at the Cineworld at which you choose to use your tickets, 1 70g bag of chocolate coins and 1 Christmas teddy bear. The Prize does not include travelling costs or spending money. The Prize is non-transferable, unless agreed by the Promoter in writing and no cash alternative is available. The Prize will only be awarded directly to the winners. In the event of circumstances beyond its reasonable control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
15. The winners will be notified that they have won by email 48 hours after the Closing Date or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter, using the details provided by the entrant during the submission of their entry form. Entrants will not be contacted if they have not won.
16. All reasonable effort will be made to contact the winners. Upon receipt of notification that they have won, the winners will be required to provide to the Promoter the postal address to which they require the Prize to be sent (the “Address”). The winners must claim the Prize by responding via Facebook message to the Promoter, providing the Address, within 48 hours of first being contacted by the Promoter. If any winner does not respond to the Promoter within the time specified, they shall forfeit their right to receive the Prize and the Promoter may carry out a further draw to select an alternative winner. The alternative winner will be the first entry drawn at random from all other valid entries.
17. Once in receipt of the winners Addresses, the Promoter will forward the winners name and Addresses to P&MM Limited (trading as Filmology) which will send the Prize directly to the Winners at the Addresses provided. By entering the Competition, entrants consent to their contact details being forwarded to P&MM Limited for this purpose. The teddy bear element of the Prize will be sent to the winners directly by the Promoter. The winners must ensure that the Address provided is correct. No liability will be accepted by the Promoter if the Prize is lost or delayed in the post or for any delay on the part of P&MM Limited.
18. Late, incomplete or corrupted entries or those not made in accordance with the Terms will be automatically disqualified. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries delayed for any reason whatsoever. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for ineligible or incomplete entries.
19. Winning claims are subject to a full verification process and the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any winner if the Promoter is aware or has reasonable grounds to believe that the winner is not eligible or if the Promoter has grounds to believe that any winner has breached any of the Terms. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any winner if there is suspicion of fraud or if the Promoter has any reason to believe that the winner has acted improperly.
20. In the event of any winner being disqualified for any reason whatsoever, the Promoter may select an alternative winner by carrying out a further draw at random from all other valid entries submitted.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, extend or terminate the Prize Draw and the Closing Date without notice for circumstances which are beyond its reasonable control. The Promoter also reserves the right to amend the Terms at any time.
22. Personal data provided by entrants will only be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”). For the purposes of the Act, the Data Controller is Poundland Limited. Information provided by entrants will be used for the administration and management of the Prize Draw, including (without limitation) for making arrangements with P&MM Limited for the delivery of the Prize to the winners. The name and home county of the winners may be obtained up to 10 weeks after the Closing Date by sending a request in writing along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: “Spot the Bears Game”, Marketing Team, Poundland Limited, Wellmans Road, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV13 2QT.
23. The name and home town of the winners will be published on the Promoter’s website at http://www.poundland.co.uk within 28 days of receipt of the winner’s email providing the Address, or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter.
24. Subject to clause 26, if the Promoter fails to comply with the Terms, the Promoter shall only be liable to the entrant for any losses that she or he suffers as a result of the Promoter’s failure to comply (whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise) which are a foreseeable consequence of such failure.
25. Subject to clause 26, the Promoter will not be liable for losses that result from the Promoter’s failure to comply with the Terms that fall into the following categories:
(a) loss of income or revenue;
(b) loss of business;
(c) loss of profits;
(d) loss of anticipated savings;
(e) loss of data; or
(f) waste of management or office time.
26. Nothing in the Terms excludes or limits in any way the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or the Promoter’s liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
27. By entering the Prize Draw the entrant hereby warrants that all information submitted by them is true, current and complete and that they are of the appropriate age to enter the Prize Draw. The Promoter reserves the right to request proof as to the eligibility of entrants.
28. The Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants shall ensure that they comply with Facebook’s rules, guidelines and policies which can be found at www.facebook.com.
29. If a court or any other competent authority finds that any of the Terms (or any part of any term) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that term or part of that term shall, to the extent required, be deemed deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other Terms shall not be affected.
30. The Terms will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.