THIS PROMOTION IS NOW CLOSED
Valentine’s Day is coming up and we have an exciting new accessory for you to give to your love…
Watch the video on our Facebook page and answer the question for a chance to win £30 Poundland vouchers!
Terms and Conditions
Please read our terms and conditions before entering our Prize Draw.
1. These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) are the terms and conditions that apply to the “Poundland £30 Vouchers” prize draw (the “Prize Draw”) as promoted by Poundland Limited (company number 02495645) whose registered office is at Wellmans Road, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV13 2QT (the “Promoter”).
2. Participation in the Prize Draw constitutes acceptance of the Terms. By entering the Prize Draw all entrants will be deemed to be bound by the Terms.
3. In the event of any dispute regarding the conduct of the Prize Draw and all matters relating to the Prize Draw, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence or discussions will be entered into.
4. The Prize Draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 or over.
5. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, their affiliated brands and companies or any other persons professionally connected with the Prize Draw or their immediate families are excluded from entering the Prize Draw.
6. The opening date of the Prize Draw is 10:30am (UK time) on 23rd January 2015 (the “Opening Date”) and the Closing Date is 11:59pm (UK time) on 25th January 2015 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date shall not be included in the Prize Draw.
7. To enter the Prize Draw: No purchase necessary. Simply (between the Opening Date and the Closing Date):
(b) Log into your Facebook account;
(c) Like the Poundland Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/Poundland; and
(d) Comment on the Prize Draw video posted on Poundland’s Facebook page (the “Entry Comment”).
8. No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted.
9. Internet access and a valid email address are required. Entrants must have a valid Facebook account.
10. Multiple entries are not permitted and only one entry per Facebook user will be accepted. Any person reasonably suspected of having created multiple Facebook accounts for the purpose of entering the Prize Draw shall be disqualified.
11. Those entrants that, between the Opening Date and the Closing Date, follow the Poundland Facebook page and comment on the Prize Draw image posted, in accordance with the Terms will be automatically entered into the prize draw. Comments deemed, in the Promoter’s sole discretion, to be of an abusive, inappropriate, disrespectful or any other unacceptable nature will be removed from Poundland’s Facebook page and will be automatically disqualified from the Prize Draw.
12. The first entrant drawn at random from all valid entries will win the Prize.
13. The prize consists of Poundland vouchers to the value of £30 (the “Prize”). The Prize is non-transferable, unless agreed by the Promoter in writing and no cash alternative is available. The Prize will only be awarded directly to the winners.
14. The Promoter will notify the winners that they have won by posting a response to the winners’ Entry Comment on Facebook within 14 days after the Closing Date or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter. Entrants will not be contacted if they have not won.
15. Upon receipt of notification that they have won, the winners will be required to provide to the Promoter the postal address to which they require the Prize to be sent (the “Address”) and their contact telephone number. The Address must be situated in the UK. The winners must claim their Prize by responding via Facebook message to the Promoter, providing the Address and their telephone number, within 48 hours of the Promoter first posting a response to the winners’ Entry Comment. If any winner does not respond to the Promoter within the timeframe specified, they shall forfeit their right to receive the Prize and the Promoter may carry out a further draw to select an alternative winner. The alternative winner will be the first entry drawn at random from all other valid entries.
16. The Promoter will send the Prize to the winner via Recorded Delivery within 14 days of receipt of the winner’s email providing the Address, or as soon as reasonably practical thereafter. The winner must ensure that the address provided is correct. No liability will be accepted by the Promoter if the Prize is lost or delayed in the post.
17. Late, incomplete or corrupted entries or those not made in accordance with the Terms will be automatically disqualified. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries delayed for any reason whatsoever. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for ineligible or incomplete entries.
18. Winning claims are subject to a full verification process and the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any winner if the Promoter is aware or has reasonable grounds to believe that the winner is not eligible or if the Promoter has grounds to believe that any winner has breached any of the Terms. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any winner if there is suspicion of fraud or if the Promoter has any reason to believe that the winner has acted improperly.
19. In the event of any winner being disqualified for any reason whatsoever, the Promoter may select an alternative winner by carrying out a further draw at random from all other valid entries submitted. In the event of an alternative winner being selected for any reason whatsoever, the Promoter will notify the alternative winner that they have won within 7 days of the further draw being carried out or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter. The alternative winner must then claim their Prize in accordance with clause 15. If any alternative winner fails to claim their Prize in accordance with clause 15, the Promoter reserves the right to carry out a further draw at random to select a further alternative winner.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, extend or terminate the Prize Draw and the Closing Date without notice for circumstances which are beyond its reasonable control. The Promoter also reserves the right to amend the Terms at any time. In the event of circumstances beyond its reasonable control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
21. Personal data provided by entrants will only be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”). For the purposes of the Act, the Data Controller is Poundland Limited. Information provided by entrants will be used for the administration and management of the Prize Draw, including (without limitation) for making arrangements with third parties for the delivery of the Prize to the winners (as detailed in clause 16). The name and home county of the winners may be obtained up to 10 weeks after the Closing Date by sending a request in writing along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: “Poundland £30 Vouchers”, Marketing Team, Poundland Limited, Wellmans Road, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV13 2QT.
22. The name and home town of the winners will be published on the Promoter’s website at http://www.Poundland.co.uk within 28 days of receipt of the winners’ messages providing the Addresses, or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter.
23. Subject to clause 25, if the Promoter fails to comply with the Terms, the Promoter shall only be liable to the entrant for any losses that she or he suffers as a result of the Promoter’s failure to comply (whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise) which are a foreseeable consequence of such failure.
24. Subject to clause 25, the Promoter will not be liable for losses that result from the Promoter’s failure to comply with the Terms that fall into the following categories:
(a) loss of income or revenue;
(b) loss of business;
(c) loss of profits;
(d) loss of anticipated savings;
(e) loss of data; or
(f) waste of management or office time.
25. Nothing in the Terms excludes or limits in any way the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or the Promoter’s liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
26. By entering the Prize Draw the entrant hereby warrants that all information submitted by them is true, current and complete and that they are of the appropriate age to enter the Prize Draw. The Promoter reserves the right to request proof as to the eligibility of entrants.
27. The Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants shall ensure that they comply with Facebook’s rules, guidelines and policies which can be found at www.facebook.com .
28. If a court or any other competent authority finds that any of the Terms (or any part of any term) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that term or part of that term shall, to the extent required, be deemed deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other Terms shall not be affected.
29. The Terms will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.