Poundland helps couples dreams of a fairy tale wedding become an affordable reality
• Average cost of weddings has spiralled to £27,000
• Poundland launches new £1 wedding range to help couples save on growing wedding costs
• High street retailer appoints first ever wedding planner to help couples marry on a budget
Everyone knows dream weddings don’t come cheap with reports stating that the average British wedding cost couples living outside the capital £27,000 in 2016 and £38,000 for those in London .
Despite this it seems that marriage remains high on the agenda for loved-up couples with the Office of National Statistics recording 247,000 marriages taking place in the UK in 2014 .
To have a dream wedding on a small budget, quality wedding products at an affordable price are paramount for married couples to be. Just in the nick of time, with the wedding season in full swing, the 12th June sees the launch of Poundland’s new wedding range which will be rolled out across the UK. The range includes a variety of essential wedding products including a wedding planner, bunting, wedding invitations, table decorations and place cards to organise seating arrangements, offering amazing value all for £1 each.
Barry Williams, Trading Director for Poundland said:
“Wedding days can end up costing an absolute fortune and because we’re a nation of savvy shoppers who love a bargain, it’s no surprise that more people are looking to save money on their big day”.
“We love a celebration and what better time to celebrate than at a wedding! We know our amazing value quality £1 wedding range will help Brits tie the knot in style without the hefty price tag.”
Poundland has also announced the appointment of its first ever wedding planner to tie into the launch. The role will be filled by Sophie Bladen who will be providing advice to savvy couples hunting for money saving techniques.
Sophie’s top tips for a bargain wedding
1. Make sure you’ve got everything in check before the big day. There is no better way to organise yourself then writing down a to-do list in our fabulous Kraft wedding planner book which has individual sections to ensure you’ve got it covered.
2. The seating plan is a tough one, but we’ve made it easier for you. Buy our 50 pack of place cards for you to personalise and decorate with our two assorted embellishment packs.
3. On the big day itself ensure you make it clear where your guests are heading too. Whether it’s to the alter or reception our wedding arrow is there to point the right way.
4. Nothing says bride like a beautiful bouquet of flowers. Use our beautifully arranged faux flower bouquet to stand out.
5. The finishing touches are really important when it comes to table settings, by using our crystal scatter gems and silver speckled tea light holder with fairy lights inside we can assure you that your guests will be left stunned, without breaking the budget.
6. The final part to a wedding is the honeymoon. Ensure you set off for your dream honeymoon in style with our Mr and Mrs Travel tags.
Speaking about her new role Sophie said: “I’m super excited to be announced as Poundland’s first ever wedding planner. I’ll be combining my love for weddings with Poundland’s love for amazing value. Together we’ll help brides and grooms across the country have fabulous weddings on a budget.”
Sophie will be holding a live Facebook Q&A where bargain hunting married couples to be can ask Sophie questions direct. Couples are also encouraged to write to Sophie’s office at Poundland Headquarters in Wolverhampton, with any questions they may have.