Pin it to win it Christmas – CLOSED
This promotion is now closed.
Terms and conditions
- These terms and conditions (“the Terms”) are the terms and conditions that apply to the “Poundland Pin it to Win it Competition” (“the Competition”) as promoted by Poundland Limited (company number 02495645) whose registered office is at Wellmans Road, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV13 2QT (“the Promoter”).
- Participation in the Competition constitutes acceptance of the Terms. By entering the Competition all entrants will be deemed to be bound by the Terms.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the conduct of the Competition and all matters relating to the Competition, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence or discussions will be entered into.
- The Competition is open to residents of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales, aged 16 or over, excluding all employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, their affiliated brands and companies or any other persons professionally connected with the Competition or their immediate families. Entrants under 18 years of age must have permission to enter the Competition from a parent or guardian who will have been deemed to have accepted and be bound by these terms and conditions. The Promoter reserves the right to ask for proof of permission. Entries without proof of permission will be disqualified. The Competition is not open to residents of the Republic of Ireland.
- No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted.
- The opening date of the Competition is 13th November 2013 (the “Opening Date”) and the Closing Date is 11:59pm on December 9th 2013 (“the Closing Date”).
- To enter: No purchase necessary, simply:
(b) Log into your Pinterest account;
(c) Follow Poundland on Pinterest at: http://www.pinterest.com/poundland;
(d) Create a new board on Pinterest called “Poundland Christmas”;
(e) Pin a minimum number of 20 Poundland Christmas products to your “Poundland Christmas” board from products displayed at
(f) Submit your entry by completing the entry form at http://www.poundland.co.uk/promotions/pin-it-to-win-it (the “Entry Form”). You will be required to enter your name, email address, date of birth and the URL of your “Poundland Christmas” board.
- Entries must be submitted online at http://www.poundland.co.uk/promotions/pin-it-to-win-it and cannot be sent via post.
- Those entrants that submit an entry in accordance with the Terms between the Start Date and the Closing Date will be automatically entered into the prize draw.
- Entrants must fully complete the Entry Form to qualify for entry into the prize draw. Any entrants who create a Poundland Christmas Board but fail to submit a fully completed Entry Form will be disqualified and will not be entered into the prize draw.
- Only one entry per person is permitted.
- The first entry drawn at random from those entries eligible for entry to the draw will win the Prize (“the Winner”).
- The prize consists of Poundland vouchers to the value of £200 (“the Prize”). The Prize is non-transferable, unless agreed in writing by the Promoter and no cash alternative is available.
- The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for a similar prize of an equal or greater value at any time.
- The Winner will be notified that they have won via email within 5 days of the Closing Date, or as soon as reasonably practicable after that time, using the email address provided by the entrant during the submission of the Entry Form. Entrants shall not be contacted if they have not won. Upon receipt of notification that they have won, the Winner will be required to provide to the Promoter the postal address to which they require the Prize to be sent (the “Address”). The Address must be situated in the UK. The Winner must claim the Prize by responding via email to the Promoter, providing the Address, within 28 days of first being contacted by the Promoter. If the Winner does not respond to the Promoter within the time specified, they shall forfeit their right to receive the Prize and the Promoter may carry out a further draw to select an alternative winner (the “Alternative Winner”). The Alternative Winner will be the first entry drawn at random from all other entries submitted in accordance with clause 12.
- The Promoter will send the Prize to the Winner via Recorded Delivery within 14 days of receipt of the Winner’s email providing the Address or as soon as reasonably practical thereafter. The Winner must ensure that the address provided is correct. No liability will be accepted by the Promoter if the Prize is lost or delayed in the post.
- The name and home town of the Winner will be published on the Promoter’s website at http://www.poundland.co.uk within 28 days of receipt of the Winner’s email providing the Address, or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter.
- When entering the Competition entrants may opt in to receiving marketing material from the Promoter. If the entrant opts in to receiving such material, the entrant consents to their registration details being added to the Promoter’s mailing list and they may receive newsletters from the Promoter via email. Entrants can leave the mailing list at any time by following the simple ‘unsubscribe’ instructions included on the newsletter.
- Late, incomplete or corrupted entries or those not made in accordance with the Terms will be automatically disqualified. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries delayed for any reason whatsoever. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for incorrectly completed entries. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend, extend or terminate the Competition and the Closing Date if it deems appropriate and without notice. The Promoter also reserves the right to amend the Terms at any time.
- Winning claims are subject to a full verification process and the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Winner if the Promoter is aware or has reasonable grounds to believe that the Winner is not eligible or if the Promoter has grounds to believe that any Winner has breached any of the Terms. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Winner if there is suspicion of fraud or if the Promoter has any reason to believe that the Winner has acted improperly.
- In the event of any Winner being disqualified for any reason whatsoever, the Promoter may select an Alternative Winner by carrying out a further selection from all other entries submitted in accordance with clause 12.
- In the event of an Alternative Winner being selected for any reason whatsoever, the Alternative Winner will be notified that they have won within 7 days of the selection being made, or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter.
- Personal data provided by entrants will only be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”). For the purposes of the Act, the Data Controller is Poundland Limited. Information provided by entrants will be used for the administration and management of the Competition. The name and home town of the Winner may be obtained up to 10 weeks after the Closing Date by sending a request in writing along with a stamped, self addressed envelope to: “Poundland Pin it to Win it Competition”, Marketing Team, Poundland Limited, Wellmans Road, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV13 2QT.
- The Winner may be required to participate in publicity related to the Competition at no cost to the Promoter. By entering the Competition, the entrant hereby gives the Promoter consent to use his or her name and home town in any publicity. Entrants confirm that all entries are and shall remain the property of the Promoter. We regret that entries will not be returned.
- Subject to clause 29, if the Promoter fails to comply with the Terms, the Promoter shall only be liable to the entrant for any losses that she or he suffers as a result of the Promoter’s failure to comply (whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise) which are a foreseeable consequence of such failure.
- Subject to clause 29, the Promoter will not be liable for losses that result from the Promoter’s failure to comply with the Terms that fall into the following categories:
(a) loss of income or revenue;
(b) loss of business;
(c) loss of profits;
(d) loss of anticipated savings;
(e) loss of data; or
(f) waste of management or office time.
- Nothing in the Terms excludes or limits in any way the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or the Promoter’s liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- By entering the Competition the entrant hereby warrants that all information submitted by them is true, current and complete and that they are of the appropriate age to enter the Competition. The Promoter reserves the right to request proof as to the eligibility of entrants.
- If a court or any other competent authority finds that any of the Terms (or any part of any term) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that term or part of that term shall, to the extent required, be deemed deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other Terms shall not be affected.
- The Terms will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.