Survey – September 2016
Terms & Conditions
1. These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) are the terms and conditions that apply to the Poundland “Tell us what you think for the chance to win and Apple iPad Prize Draw” (the “Prize Draw”) as promoted by Poundland Limited (company number 02495645) whose registered office is at Wellmans Road, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV13 2QT (the “Promoter”).
2. Participation in the Prize Draw constitutes acceptance of the Terms. By entering the Prize Draw all entrants will be deemed to be bound by the Terms.
3. The Opening Date of the Prize Draw is 26th September 2016 (the “Opening Date”) and the Closing Date for receipt of entries is 11:59pm on 23rd October 2016 (the “Closing Date”).
4. The Prize Draw is open to residents of the UK only aged 16 years or over.
5. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, their affiliated brands and companies or any other persons professionally connected with the Prize Draw or their immediate families are excluded from entering the Prize Draw.
6. No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted.
7. To enter: No purchase necessary. Simply visit http://www.poundland.co.uk/tell-us between the Start Date and the Closing Date and register to enter the Prize Draw by:
a. Completing the Customer Satisfaction Survey (the “Survey”); and
b. Completing the Entry Form. Entrants will be required to provide their name and email address.
8. Entries must be submitted through the online entry form at http://www.poundland.co.uk/tell-us (Survey and Entry Form) and cannot be sent via post.
9. Only one entry permitted per person.
10. When entering the Prize Draw entrants may opt in to receiving marketing material from the Promoter. If the entrant opts in to receiving such material, the entrant consents to their registration details being added to the Promoter’s mailing list and they may receive newsletters from the Promoter via email. Entrants can leave the mailing list at any time by following the simple ‘unsubscribe’ instructions included on the newsletter.
11. Those entrants that complete the Survey and register for the Prize Draw between the Start Date and the Closing Date in accordance with the Terms will be automatically entered into the draw. Entrants must complete the mandatory questions on the Survey and the Entry Form to qualify for entry into the prize draw.
12. The first entry drawn at random from those entries eligible for entry to the draw will win the Prize (the “Winner”).
13. The prize consists of one Apple iPad Mini 2, 16GB, WiFi – Space Grey (the “Prize”). The Prize is non-transferable, unless agreed in writing by the Promoter and no cash alternative is available.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for a similar prize of an equal or greater value at any time.
15. The Winner will be notified that they have won via email within 14 days of the Closing Date, or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter, using the email address provided by the entrant during the registration of the Prize Draw entry. Entrants shall not be contacted if they have not won. Upon receipt of notification that they have won, the Winner will be required to provide to the Promoter the postal address to which they require the Prize to be sent (the “Address”). The Winner must claim the Prize by responding via email to the Promoter, providing the Address, within 28 days of first being contacted by the Promoter. If the Winner does not respond to the Promoter within the time specified, they shall forfeit their right to receive the Prize and the Promoter may carry out a further draw to select an alternative winner (the “Alternative Winner”). The Alternative Winner will be the first entry drawn at random from all other entries submitted in accordance with clause 12.
16. The Promoter will send the Prize to the Winner via Recorded Delivery within 14 days of receipt of the Winner’s email providing the Address, or as soon as reasonably practical thereafter. The Winner must ensure that the address provided is correct. No liability will be accepted by the Promoter if the Prize is lost or delayed in the post.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, extend or terminate the Prize Draw and the Closing Date if it deems appropriate and without notice. The Promoter also reserves the right to amend the Terms at any time.
18. The name and home town of the Winner will be published on the Promoter’s website at http://www.poundland.co.uk within 28 days of receipt of the Winner’s email providing the Address, or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter.
19. Late, incomplete or corrupted entries or those not made in accordance with the Terms will be automatically disqualified. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries delayed for any reason whatsoever. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for incorrectly completed entries. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
20. In the event of any dispute regarding the conduct of the Prize Draw and all matters relating to the Prize Draw, the decision of the Promoter is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
21. Winning claims are subject to a full verification process and the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Winner if the Promoter is aware or has reasonable grounds to believe that the Winner is not eligible or if the Promoter has grounds to believe that any Winner has breached any of the Terms. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Winner if there is suspicion of fraud or if the Promoter has any reason to believe that the Winner has acted improperly.
22. In the event of any Winner being disqualified for any reason whatsoever, the Promoter may select an Alternative Winner by carrying out a further selection from all other entries submitted in accordance with clause 12.
23. In the event of an Alternative Winner being selected for any reason whatsoever, the Alternative Winner will be notified that they have won within 7 days of the selection being made, or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter.
24. Personal data provided by entrants will only be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1988 and 2003 (the “Act”). For the purposes of the Act, the Data Controller is Poundland Limited. Information provided by entrants will be used for the administration and management of the Prize Draw. The name and county of the winner may be obtained up to 10 weeks after the Closing Date by sending a request in writing along with a stamped self addressed envelope to the Promoter.
27. Subject to clause 29, if the Promoter fails to comply with the Terms, the Promoter shall only be liable to the entrant for any losses that she or he suffers as a result of the Promoter’s failure to comply (whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise) which are a foreseeable consequence of such failure.
28. Subject to clause 29, the Promoter will not be liable for losses that result from the Promoter’s failure to comply with the Terms that fall into the following categories:
(a) loss of income or revenue;
(b) loss of business;
(c) loss of profits;
(d) loss of anticipated savings;
(e) loss of data; or
(f) waste of management or office time.
29. Nothing in the Terms excludes or limits in any way the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or the Promoter’s liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
30. By entering the Prize Draw the entrant hereby warrants that all information submitted by them is true, current and complete and that they are of the appropriate age to enter the Prize Draw. The Promoter reserves the right to request proof as to the eligibility of entrants.
31. If a court or any other competent authority finds that any of the Terms (or any part of any term) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that term or part of that term shall, to the extent required, be deemed deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other Terms shall not be affected.
32. The Terms will be governed by UK Law Poundland Limited (company number 02495645) whose registered office is at Wellmans Road, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV13 2QT (the “Promoter”).