Win a Car! CLOSED
This promotion is now closed.
Congratulation to our lucky winner – Osman from Abingdon.
To celebrate the opening of our 500th store we are giving customers the chance to win a brand new Seat Ibiza when they spend £1 or more in store! Shoppers will be given a unique transaction code on their purchase receipt which they will need to enter in the form below for the chance to win.
Terms and conditions
1. These terms and conditions (“the Terms”) are the terms and conditions that apply to the “Poundland Win a Seat Ibiza Toca Competition” (“the Competition”) as promoted by Poundland Limited (company number 02495645) whose registered office is at Wellmans Road, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV13 2QT (“the Promoter”).
2. Participation in the Competition constitutes acceptance of the Terms. By entering the Competition all entrants will be deemed to be bound by the Terms.
3. In the event of any dispute regarding the conduct of the Competition and all matters relating to the Competition, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence or discussions will be entered into.
4. The Competition is open to residents of England (excluding the Isle of Man), Scotland and Wales, who are aged 18 or over at the time of entry and who hold a full valid UK driving licence at the time of entry. The Competition is not open to employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, their affiliated brands and companies or any other persons professionally connected with the Competition or their immediate families. The Competition is not open to residents of the Republic of Ireland, Northern Ireland or the Isle of Man.
5. No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted.
6. The opening date of the Competition is 28 November 2013 (“the Opening Date”) and the closing date for receipt of entries is 11:59pm on Wednesday 11th December 2013 (“the Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date shall not be included in the Competition.
7. To enter: Purchase necessary. Simply spend a minimum of £1 in a single transaction at any Poundland store (excluding stores in Northern Ireland) during store opening hours between the Opening Date and Closing Date, retain your till receipt and then complete and submit the entry form at http://www.poundland.co.uk/500 (“the Entry Form”) by the Closing Date. Entrants will be required to provide their name, date of birth, contact telephone number, email address and transaction number from the till receipt. Entrants must fully complete the mandatory fields of the Entry Form to qualify for entry into the Competition. The transaction number submitted on the Entry Form must be valid and eligible for entry to be entered into the Competition.
8. Entries must be submitted online at http://www.poundland.co.uk/500 and cannot be sent via post.
9. When registering to enter the Competition entrants may opt in to receiving marketing material from the Promoter. If the entrant opts in to receiving such material, the entrant consents to their registration details being added to the Promoter’s mailing list and they may receive newsletters from the Promoter via email. Entrants can leave the mailing list at any time by following the simple ‘unsubscribe’ instructions included on the newsletter.
10. Only one entry per person is permitted and only one entry per valid, eligible transaction number is permitted.
11. Those entrants that submit an Entry Form in accordance with the Terms between the Opening Date and the Closing Date will be automatically entered into the Competition.
12. Late, incomplete or corrupted entries or those not made in accordance with the Terms will be automatically disqualified. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries delayed for any reason whatsoever. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for incorrectly completed entries. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
13. There is one Prize to be won. The prize is one red, right-hand drive SEAT Ibiza 3dr 1.4 SE Toca with an approximate value of £12,700.00 on the road which comes with a three year or 60,000 mile (whichever comes first) manufacturer’s warranty, 24 months roadside assistance and 12 months road tax (“the Prize”). Further details in relation to the vehicle specification and the warranty can be found at www.listersseat.co.uk. Restrictions may apply to the warranty and roadside assistance policy – further details in this regard will be provided to the Winner by Listers Seat upon collection of the Prize. The Winner may choose to have optional additions added to the Prize, but any such additions will be subject to a cost for which the Winner is solely responsible. If the Winner does choose to have any additions to the Prize, this must be arranged with Listers Seat and may delay the date upon which the Prize is available for collection.
14. The Prize is non-transferable, unless agreed in writing by the Promoter and no cash alternative is available. The Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for a similar prize of an equal or greater value at any time.
15. The Prize does not include any insurance, servicing or any other maintenance, costs or arrangements not expressly set out in the Terms. The Winner is solely responsible for obtaining (prior to collection of the Prize) and maintaining for the period of ownership of the Prize all relevant licences, permissions and insurances necessary for the ownership and/or use of the Prize (including without limitation, comprehensive car insurance).
16. The winner of the Prize will be the first entry drawn at random from those entries eligible for entry into the Competition (“the Winner”). The draw will take place within 14 days of the Closing Date. The Winner must personally collect the Prize from Listers Seat Solihull, Watery Lane Middleway, Bordesley, Birmingham, B9 4HX. Subject to clause 13, the Prize will be available for collection 28 days after the Closing Date. The Prize must be collected within three months of the Closing Date. If the Winner does not collect the Prize within the timescale specified, they shall forfeit their right to receive the Prize and the Promoter may carry out a further draw to select an Alternative Winner in accordance with this clause 16. The Winner is responsible for travelling expenses and any other expenses incurred during the collection of the Prize.
17. The Winner will be required to provide their (i) driving licence, (ii) passport or birth certificate, and (iii) certificate of comprehensive car insurance cover to Listers Seat prior to or at the time of collecting the Prize. The Winner must comply with all instructions and necessary requirements as may be specified by Listers Seat to receive the Prize and to transfer ownership of the Prize to the Winner, including but not limited to, paying any required charges and/or costs which are not included in the Prize (in respect of any optional additions requested by the Winner; the cost of which is the responsibility of the Winner) and completing any required forms and paperwork.
18. The Winner will be notified that they have won via email within 14 days of the Closing Date, or as soon as reasonably practicable after that time, using the email address provided by the entrant during the submission of the Entry Form. Entrants shall not be contacted if they have not won. The Winner must claim the Prize by responding via email to the Promoter within 28 days of first being contacted by the Promoter. If the Winner does not respond to the Promoter within the time specified, they shall forfeit their right to receive the Prize and the Promoter may carry out a further draw to select an alternative winner (the “Alternative Winner”). The Alternative Winner will be the first entry drawn at random from all other entries submitted in accordance with clause 16. In the event of an Alternative Winner being selected for any reason whatsoever, the Alternative Winner will be notified that they have won via email within 7 days of the selection being made, or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter, using the email address provided by the entrant during the submission of the Entry Form. The Alternative Winner must claim the Prize in accordance with this clause 18, otherwise they shall forfeit their right to receive the Prize and the Promoter may carry out a further draw to select a further Alternative Winner.
19. Once the Winner has claimed the Prize, the Promoter will pass the Winner’s contact details to Listers Seat who will contact the Winner to arrange a date upon which the Winner is required to collect the Prize. If Listers Seat is unable to contact the Winner within 28days of first attempting to contact the Winner, the Winner shall forfeit their right to receive the Prize and the Promoter may carry out a further draw to select an Alternative Winner in accordance with clause 16.
20. The Promoter shall not be liable for any fault, defect or any other complaint about the Prize. Any such complaint should be directed to Listers Seat, as the supplier of the Prize.
21. By entering the Competition, the Winner agrees to participate in publicity relating to the Competition at no cost to the Promoter. This may include use of their name and image in online and offline publicity, communications, and in any other media worldwide.
22. The name and home town of the Winner will be published on the Promoter’s website at http://www.poundland.co.uk within 28 days of receipt of the Winner’s email claiming the Prize , or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter. The name and home town of the Winner may also be obtained up to 10 weeks after the Closing Date by sending a request in writing along with a stamped, self addressed envelope to: “Poundland Win a Seat Ibiza Toca Competition”, Marketing Team, Poundland Limited, Wellmans Road, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV13 2QT.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, extend or terminate the Competition and the Closing Date if it deems appropriate and without notice. The Promoter also reserves the right to amend the Terms at any time.
24. Winning claims are subject to a full verification process and the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Winner if the Promoter is aware or has reasonable grounds to believe that any Winner is not eligible or if the Promoter has grounds to believe that any Winner has breached any of the Terms. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Winner if there is suspicion of fraud or if the Promoter has any reason to believe that the Winner has acted improperly.
26. Subject to clause 28, if the Promoter fails to comply with the Terms, the Promoter shall only be liable to the entrant for any losses that she or he suffers as a result of the Promoter’s failure to comply (whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise) which are a foreseeable consequence of such failure.
27. Subject to 28, the Promoter will not be liable for losses that result from the Promoter’s failure to comply with the Terms that fall into the following categories:
(a) loss of income or revenue;
(b) loss of business;
(c) loss of profits;
(d) loss of anticipated savings;
(e) loss of data; or
(f) waste of management or office time.
28. Nothing in the Terms excludes or limits in any way the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or the Promoter’s liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
29. By entering the Competition the entrant hereby warrants that all information submitted by them is true, current and complete and that they are of the appropriate age to enter the Competition. The Promoter reserves the right to request proof as to the eligibility of entrants.
30. If a court or any other competent authority finds that any of the Terms (or any part of any term) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that term or part of that term shall, to the extent required, be deemed deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other Terms shall not be affected.
31. The Terms will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.