Competition Terms & Conditions
Please read our terms and conditions before entering our Prize Draw.
1. These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) are the terms and conditions that apply to the “Poundland.co.uk” (the “Prize Draw”) as promoted by Poundland Limited (company number 02495645) whose registered office is at Poundland Customer Support Centre, Midland Road, Walsall, West Midlands, WS1 3TX (the “Promoter”).
2. Participation in the Prize Draw constitutes acceptance of the Terms. By entering the Prize Draw all entrants will be deemed to be bound by the Terms.
3. In the event of any dispute regarding the conduct of the Prize Draw and all matters relating to the Prize Draw, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence or discussions will be entered into.
4. The Prize Draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, their affiliated brands and companies, or any other persons professionally connected with the Prize Draw or their immediate families.
5. The opening date of the Prize Draw is 12.00pm (UK time) on 21/09/2023 (“Opening Date”) and the Closing Date for receipt of entries is 11:59pm (UK time) on 03/10/2023 (“Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date shall not be included in the Prize Draw.
6. To enter the Prize Draw: No purchase necessary. Simply (between the Opening Date and the Closing Date):
(b) log into your Instagram account; and
(c) like and share the Prize Draw image posted on the Poundland Instagram page (“Prize Draw Image”) and tag three Instagram friend (this person must have a valid Facebook account) (“Entry Comment”).
7. Those entrants that, between the Opening Date and the Closing Date, follow the Poundland Instagram page and post an Entry Comment, in accordance with the Terms, will be automatically entered into the Prize Draw (“Valid Entries”).
8. No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted.
9. Internet access and a valid email address are required. All entrants / any Winner must have a valid Instagram account.
10. Multiple entries are not permitted and only one Entry Comment/ tag per Instagram user will be accepted. Any persons suspected by the Promoter of having created multiple Instagram accounts for the purpose of entering the Prize Draw or posting multiple entries shall be disqualified.
11. Any Entry Comments posted which are deemed, in the Promoter’s sole discretion and reasonable opinion, to be: of an abusive, inappropriate, disrespectful or any other unacceptable nature will be removed from Poundland’s Instagram page and the entry will be automatically disqualified from the Prize Draw.
12. The first five entries drawn at random from all Valid Entries will win the Prize (the “Winner”).
13. The Prize consists of 1x £50 voucher code to spend on Poundland.co.uk for each winner (the “Prize”). The Prize is non-transferable, unless agreed by the Promoter in writing and no cash alternative is available. The Prize will only be awarded directly to each Winner and is only redeemable on Poundland.co.uk. In the event of circumstances beyond its reasonable control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for an alternative prize which may be of equal or greater value.
14. The Promoter will notify the Winners that they have won by tagging each Winner (providing the Winners’ privacy settings permit this) in a comment on the Prize Draw post by no later than 13 days after the Closing Date, or as soon as practicable thereafter (the “Notification”). If the Winners’ privacy settings will not permit their name to be tagged by the Promoter, the Promoter will name the Winners in the Notification, but they will not be tagged. It is the entrants’ responsibility to check whether they have been named as a Winner and if so, to claim their Prize in accordance with clause 15.
15. To claim the Prize, any Winner must: within 48 hours of the Promoter first posting the Notification, respond via direct Instagram message to the Promoter providing: their email address and contact telephone number to which they require their Prize to be sent (which must be situated in the UK) (“Notification Response”). If a Notification Response is not received in the timeframe specified or the Winners are unable to accept the Prize for any reason whatsoever, they shall forfeit their right to receive the Prize and the Promoter may carry out a further draw to select alternative winners. The alternative winners will be the first entry drawn at random from all other Valid Entries.
16. Subsequent to the Notification Response, if any Winner has not contacted the Promoter within fourteen (14) days providing their address to which they require their Prize to be sent then that Winner (who has not responded) shall forfeit their right to receive their Prize and the Promoter may donate the Prize (or an alternative prize of equal or greater value) to a charity of its choice.
17. The Promoter will dispatch the Prize to the Winners within 30 days of receipt of the Winners’ message claiming their Prize, or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter. The Winners must ensure that the email address provided is correct. No liability will be accepted by the Promoter if the Prize is lost or delayed during delivery.
18. Late, incomplete or corrupted entries or those not made in accordance with the Terms will be automatically disqualified. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries delayed for any reason whatsoever. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for ineligible or incomplete entries.
19. Winning claims are subject to a full verification process and the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Winner if the Promoter is aware or has reasonable grounds to believe that the Winners are not eligible or if the Promoter has grounds to believe that the Winners have breached any of the Terms. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Winner if there is suspicion of fraud or if the Promoter has any reason to believe that the Winner has acted improperly.
20. In the event of the Winners being disqualified for any reason whatsoever, the Promoter may select alternative winners by carrying out a draw at random from all other Valid Entries. In the event of alternative winners being selected for any reason whatsoever, the alternative winners will be notified that they have won, in accordance with clause 14, within 7 days of the selection being made, or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter. The alternative winners must then claim their Prize in accordance with clause 15. If any alternative winners fail to claim their Prize in accordance with clause 15, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to either carry out a further selection at random to select further alternative winners, or donate the Prize (or an alternative prize of equal or greater value) to a charity of its choice.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, extend or terminate the Prize Draw and the Closing Date without notice for circumstances which are beyond its reasonable control. The Promoter also reserves the right to amend the Terms at any time.
Subject to clause 25, if the Promoter fails to comply with the Terms, the Promoter shall only be liable to the entrant for any losses that she or he suffers as a result of the Promoter’s failure to comply (whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise) which are a foreseeable consequence of such failure.
Subject to clause 25, the Promoter will not be liable for losses that result from the Promoter’s failure to comply with the Terms that fall into the following categories:
(a) loss of income or revenue;
(b) loss of business;
(c) loss of profits;
(d) loss of anticipated savings;
(e) loss of data; or
(f) waste of management or office time.
25. Nothing in the Terms excludes or limits in any way the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or the Promoter’s liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
26. By entering the Prize Draw entrants hereby warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current and complete and that they are of the appropriate age to enter the Prize Draw. The Promoter reserves the right to request proof as to the eligibility of entrants.
27. The Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Instagram. Entrants shall ensure that they comply with Instagram’s rules, guidelines and policies which can be found at www.Instagram.com.
28. If a court or any other competent authority finds that any of the Terms (or any part of any term) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that term or part of that term shall, to the extent required, be deemed deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other Terms shall not be affected.
29. The Terms will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
30. Any changes to the Prize by Poundland is at their sole discretion and without liability to any Winner and the promotor accepts no liability for any such changes.