Customer Survey Terms and Conditions
To discuss your feedback in detail please contact the Customer Services team.
Please read our terms and conditions before entering our Prize Draw.
Terms & Conditions
1. These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) are the terms and conditions that apply to the Poundshop.com “Tell us what you think for the chance to win online Poundshop vouchers to the value of £250” Prize Draw (the “Prize Draw”) as promoted by Online Poundshop Limited (company number 08870575) whose registered office is at Poundland Csc, Midland Road, Walsall, United Kingdom, WS1 3TX (the “Promoter”).
2. Participation in the Prize Draw constitutes acceptance of the Terms. By entering the Prize Draw all entrants will be deemed to be bound by the Terms.
3. In the event of any dispute regarding the conduct of the Prize Draw and all matters relating to the Prize Draw, the decision of the Promoter is final, and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
4. The Prize Draw is open to all UK residents, aged 16 years or over, excluding employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, their affiliated brands and companies or any other persons professionally connected with the Prize Draw or their immediate families who have signed up to receive marketing information from Poundshop.com. Entrants under 18 years of age must have permission to enter the Prize Draw from a parent or guardian, who will have been deemed to have accepted and be bound by the Terms. The Promoter reserves the right to ask for proof of permission. Entries without proof of permission will be disqualified.
5.1 The opening date of the Prize Draw is 12:01am (UK time) on 3rd July 2023 (the “Opening Date”) and the closing date for entries is 11:59pm (UK time) on 31st July 2023 (the “Closing Date”). Any entries received after the Closing Date will not be included in the Prize Draw.
5.2 There will be one (1) prize winner from entries between the opening and closing date. One prize winner will be drawn at random from all Valid Entries that are received between the opening and closing date.
6. No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted.
7. Entries must be submitted through the email sent to customers signed up to marketing comms. Entries cannot be sent via post or via any other means. Entrants confirm that all entries are, and shall remain, the property of the Promoter. We regret that entries will not be returned.
8. Multiple entries to the Prize Draw are not permitted; only one entry per person during each Qualifying Period will be accepted.
9. Those entrants that, between the Opening and Closing date, complete and submit a Survey and opt-in to be entered into the Prize Draw, in accordance with the Terms, will be entered into the Prize Draw; entrants must have fully completed the mandatory questions on the Survey to qualify for entry into the Prize Draw (“Valid Entries”).
10. The first entry drawn at random from all Valid Entries, from each of the Qualifying Periods, will win the prize (the “Winner”).
11. The prize consists of 5 (five) Poundland vouchers, each to the value of £50.00 (total value is £250.00) which can be redeemed online at Poundshop.com (the “Prize”). Only 1 (one) £50.00 voucher can be redeemed per transaction and the vouchers cannot be used in conjunction with any other voucher, offer or discount. No change will be given if any voucher is not redeemed in full during a single transaction. The vouchers must be redeemed within 12 months of the issue date (stated within the voucher email sent to the Winners), after which time they shall expire. Vouchers may be subject to additional terms and conditions which will be stated within the voucher email sent to the Winners. The Prize is non-transferable, unless agreed in writing by the Promoter and no cash alternative is available. In the event of circumstances beyond its reasonable control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for a similar prize of an equal or greater value at any time. The Prize will only be awarded directly to each of the Winners.
12. Each Winner will be notified that they have won, via email, within 14 days of the Closing Date (or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter) using the email address provided by the entrant during the submission of their Prize Draw entry (the “Notification”). Entrants shall not be contacted if they have not won. The Winners must, within 28 days of the Promoter first sending the Notification, claim their Prize by responding via email to the Promoter, confirming the email address to which they require the Prize to be sent (the “Notification Response”). If any Winner does not respond to the Promoter within the time frame specified or they are unable to accept the Prize for any reason whatsoever, they shall forfeit their right to receive the Prize and the Promoter may carry out a further draw to select an alternative winner. The alternative winner will be the first entry drawn at random from all other Valid Entries.
13. The Promoter will dispatch the Prize to the Winners via email within 14 days of receipt of the Notification Response, (or as soon as reasonably practical thereafter). The Winners must ensure that the email address provided is correct. No liability will be accepted by the Promoter if the Prize is delayed during delivery.
14. Late, incomplete or corrupted entries or those not made in accordance with the Terms will be automatically disqualified. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries delayed for any reason whatsoever. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for incorrectly completed entries. Incomplete entries will be disqualified. The Promotor will have no liability for delayed emails containing the Survey.
15. Winning claims are subject to a full verification process and the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Winner if the Promoter is aware or has reasonable grounds to believe that the Winner is not eligible or if the Promoter has grounds to believe that any Winner has breached any of the Terms. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Winner if there is suspicion of fraud or if the Promoter has any reason to believe that the Winner has acted improperly.
16. In the event of any Winner being disqualified for any reason whatsoever, the Promoter may select an alternative winner by carrying out a further selection from all other Valid Entries. In the event of an alternative winner being selected for any reason whatsoever, the alternative winner will be notified that they have won, in accordance with clause 13, within 7 days of the selection being made (or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter). If any alternative winner is unable to accept the Prize for any reason whatsoever, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to either carry out a further draw at random to select a further alternative winner, or donate the Prize (or an alternative prize of equal or greater value) to a charity of its choice.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, extend or terminate the Prize Draw and the Closing Date without notice for circumstances which are beyond its reasonable control. The Promoter also reserves the right to amend the Terms at any time.
19.1 Personal data provided by entrants will only be used in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018 (the “Act”). For the purposes of the Act, the Data Controller is Online Poundshop Limited. Information provided by entrants will be used for the administration and management of the Prize Draw. Information provided by entrants within the Survey will be analysed on an anonymous basis by or on behalf of the Promoter for research and statistical purposes. By entering the Prize Draw, entrants hereby consent to the personal data provided by them being used in this way.
19.2 By entering the Prize Draw, entrants also give the Promoter consent to use his or her name and hometown in any publicity. The first name and county of the Winners may be obtained up to 10 weeks after the Closing Date by sending a request in writing along with a stamped self-addressed envelope to: “Tell Us What You Think Survey”, The Marketing Team, Poundland Csc, Midland Road, Walsall, United Kingdom, WS1 3TX. The first name and hometown of the Winners will also be published on the Promotor’s website at: www.poundshop.com within twenty-eight (28) days of receipt of the Notification Response, or as soon as reasonably practical thereafter. The Winners may be required to participate in publicity related to the Prize Draw at no cost to the Promoter.
19.3 Should any Winner object to their first name and hometown being used in any publicity (including the Winner’s name and hometown being published on the Promotor’s website) then the Winner may opt out of this, by confirming their objection to the Promotor in writing in the Notification Response.
20. Subject to clause 23, if the Promoter fails to comply with the Terms, the Promoter shall only be liable to the entrant for any losses that she or he suffers as a result of the Promoter’s failure to comply (whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise) which are a foreseeable consequence of such failure.
21. Subject to clause 23, the Promoter will not be liable for losses that result from the Promoter’s failure to comply with the Terms that fall into the following categories:
(a) loss of income or revenue;
(b) loss of business;
(c) loss of profits;
(d) loss of anticipated savings;
(e) loss of data; or
(f) waste of management or office time.
23. Nothing in the Terms excludes or limits in any way the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or the Promoter’s liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
24. By entering the Prize Draw, the entrant hereby warrants that all information submitted by them is true, current and complete and that they are of the appropriate age to enter the Prize Draw.
25. If a court or any other competent authority finds that any of the Terms (or any part of any term) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that term or part of that term shall, to the extent required, be deemed deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other Terms shall not be affected.
26. The Terms and any dispute arising in connection with the Prize Draw or the Terms shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.