Do you love makeup? Are you a blogger and looking for new cosmetics to review?
We’re looking for 10 Make Up Gallery ambassadors who want to try out our products each month and blog about them!
Whether you’ve already tried our range or not, complete the form below to apply.
Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) are the terms and conditions that apply to the “Poundland Make Up Gallery Ambassador Promotion” (the “Promotion”) as promoted by Poundland Limited (company number 02495645) whose registered office is at Wellmans Road, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV13 2QT (the “Promoter”).
2. Participation in the Promotion constitutes acceptance of the Terms. By entering the Promotion all entrants will be deemed to be bound by the Terms.
3. In the event of any dispute regarding the conduct of the Promotion and all matters relating to the Promotion, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence or discussions will be entered into.
4. The Promotion is open to residents of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales, aged 18 or over, excluding all employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, their affiliated brands and companies or any other persons professionally connected with the Promotion or their immediate families. The Promotion is not open to residents of the Republic of Ireland.
5. Entrants must have a valid Facebook Account from www.facebook.com registered in their own name.
6. No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted.
7. The opening date of the Promotion is 04:00pm (UK time) on 9th May 2016 (the “Opening Date”) and the Closing Date for receipt of entries is 11:59pm (UK time) on 5th June 2016 (the “Closing Date”).
8. The Promoter wishes to engage 10 Poundland Make-Up Gallery Ambassadors (“Ambassadors”) to participate in challenges relating to the Promoter’s Make-Up Gallery make up range. The challenges will be set by the Promoter on a monthly basis (or at any other frequency as the Promoter feels appropriate at a given time). The challenges will either:
(a) require the Ambassadors to carry out a review of specific Make-Up Gallery product/s which will be sent directly to them by the Promoter. The Ambassador will be required to submit a report in writing to the Promoter setting out their review; or
(b) make specific Make-Up Gallery purchases at the Ambassadors’ local Poundland store (or any other of the Promoter’s stores which the Ambassador wishes to visit). The Ambassadors will then be required to submit a report to the Promoter setting out their findings during the challenge and provide a review of the products purchased. At the start of this type of challenge the Promoter will provide the Ambassador with a voucher to spend in the Promoter’s store to purchase the requisite products/ requisite purchase set out in the challenge. The voucher must be used for the purpose of each challenge only.
The specific details of each challenge, including, but not limited to, the value of the voucher to be provided (where applicable) and the product/s to be purchased (where applicable), will be sent to each Ambassador by email. Each Ambassador will be required to complete each challenge and forward their report via email to the Promoter within 7 days of the challenge details being sent to the Ambassador by the Promoter, unless otherwise agreed by the Promoter in writing.
9. The Promoter will not pay travelling expenses or any other costs incurred by any of the Ambassadors during each challenge.
10. Ambassadors confirm that all reports submitted to the Promoter are and shall remain the property of the Promoter. The Promoter regrets that such reports will not be returned. The Promoter reserves the right to reproduce such reports and publish throughout its websites, social media sites and any other marketing medium it so chooses. Ambassadors confirm that they will not reproduce or post reports submitted by them to the Promoter without the written consent of the Promoter.
11. Each Ambassador agrees that at the Promoter’s sole request they will remove any posts concerning the Promoter, its stores, products or any other information concerning the Promoter from all of their social media sites and any other publication.
12. Once selected, if any Ambassador decides that they do not wish to be an Ambassador, they must notify the Promoter in writing. If any Ambassador does notify the Promoter that they do not wish to be an Ambassador, they must return to the Promoter any Poundland vouchers which have not been used for the purposes of a challenge set by the Promoter and return any products sent to them by the Promoter for the purposes of this Promotion. The Promoter may also select an alternative Ambassador by carrying out a further selection from all other valid entries, in accordance with clause 17.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to stop issuing challenges at any time. If the Promoter decides to stop issuing challenges, it shall notify each Ambassador via email. The Promoter also reserves the right to stop issuing challenges to any particular Ambassador if that Ambassador fails to complete a challenge in accordance with the provisions of clause 8 or if, in the Promoter’s sole discretion, the Ambassador has acted improperly or inadequately during the completion of a challenge. If the Promoter decides to stop issuing challenges for this reason, it shall notify the Ambassador concerned via email.
14. To enter the Promotion: No purchase necessary. Simply complete all mandatory fields (as indicated on the entry form) of the entry form at: https://www.poundland.co.uk/promotions/makeupgallery-ambassadors. The fields are as follows:
(b) date of birth;
(c) Email address;
(d) your blog address;
(e) all your social media user names (including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube, and Tumblr);
(f) whether you currently shop at Poundland;
(g) tell us about yourself, why you love Makeup and why you would be the perfect Ambassador for Poundland’s Make Up Gallery range?
15. Entries must be submitted online at https://www.poundland.co.uk/promotions/makeupgallery-ambassadors/ and cannot be sent via post.
16. Only one entry per person is permitted.
17. After the Closing Date representatives of the Promoter’s Marketing Team will review the entries received and will select the 10 entries which provide the best answers to the questions set out in clause 14(g). The 10 entries selected will become Ambassadors.
18. The Ambassadors will be notified that they have been selected via email within 14 days of the Closing Date, or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter, using the email address provided by the entrant during the submission of the Promotion entry. Entrants shall not be contacted if they have not been selected as an Ambassador. Upon receipt of notification that they have been selected, the Ambassadors will be required to provide, by return email, the following information:
(a) their home address;
(b) all their social media user names;
(c) a photograph of him/herself;
(d) their telephone Number; and
(e) the name by which they wish to be displayed on the Promoter’s social media sites.
19. The Ambassadors must respond by email, providing the information stipulated in clause 18 within 14 days of first being contacted by the Promoter. If any Ambassador does not respond to the Promoter within the time specified, they shall forfeit their right to become an Ambassador and the Promoter may select an Alternative Ambassador by carrying out a further selection from all other valid entries, in accordance with clause 17.
20. The name and home town of the Ambassadors along with the photograph provided by each Ambassador (in accordance with clause 18) will be published on the Promoter’s website at https://www.poundland.co.uk within 28 days of the Closing Date, or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter. A link to the Ambassadors’ details on the Promoter’s website will be published on the Promoter’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/MakeUpGalleryCosmetics within 28 days of the Closing Date, or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter.
21. The photograph provided by each Ambassador (in accordance with clause 18) may be copied by the Promoter and published on its social media sites alongside each report/ extract of reports made by each Ambassador following each challenge. By entering the Promotion Ambassadors consent to their photograph being used in this way.
22. Late, incomplete or corrupted entries or those not made in accordance with the Terms will be automatically disqualified. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries delayed for any reason whatsoever. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for incorrectly completed entries. Incomplete entries will be disqualified.
23. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, extend or terminate the Promotion and the Closing Date if it deems appropriate without notice for circumstances which are beyond its reasonable control. The Promoter also reserves the right to amend the Terms at any time.
24. Winning claims are subject to a full verification process and the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Ambassador if the Promoter is aware or has reasonable grounds to believe that the Ambassador is not eligible or if the Promoter has grounds to believe that any Ambassador has breached any of the Terms. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Ambassador if there is suspicion of fraud or if the Promoter has any reason to believe that the Ambassador has acted improperly.
25. In the event of any Ambassador being disqualified for any reason whatsoever, the Promoter may select an alternative Ambassador by carrying out a further selection from all other valid entries, in accordance with clause 17.
26. In the event of an alternative Ambassador being selected for any reason whatsoever, the alternative Ambassador will be notified that they have been selected within 7 days of the selection being made, or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter. Upon notification that they have been selected, the alternative Ambassador must comply with clause 19. If the alternative Ambassador fails to adhere to clause 19, they shall forfeit their right to be an Ambassador and the Promoter may select a further alternative Ambassador by carrying out a further selection from all other valid entries, in accordance with clause 17.
27. The Promotion is no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook or any other social media site. Entry details will be provided to Poundland, not Facebook or any other social media site. Entrants shall ensure that they comply with the rules, guidelines and policies of the relevant social media site.
28. Personal data provided by entrants will only be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”). For the purposes of the Act, the Data Controller is Poundland Limited. Information provided by entrants will be used for the administration and management of the Promotion. The name and home town of the Ambassadors may be obtained up to 10 weeks after the Closing Date by sending a request in writing along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: “Apply to become a Poundland Make Up Gallery Ambassador Promotion”, Marketing Team, Poundland Limited, Wellmans Road, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV13 2QT.
30. The Ambassadors may be required to participate in publicity related to the Promotion at no cost to the Promoter. By entering the Promotion, the entrant hereby gives the Promoter consent to use his or her name, home town, photograph and reports submitted to the Promoter in any publicity. Entrants confirm that all entries are and shall remain the property of the Promoter. We regret that entries will not be returned.
31. Subject to clause 33, if the Promoter fails to comply with the Terms, the Promoter shall only be liable to the entrant for any losses that she or he suffers as a result of the Promoter’s failure to comply (whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise) which are a foreseeable consequence of such failure.
32. Subject to clause 33, the Promoter will not be liable for losses that result from the Promoter’s failure to comply with the Terms that fall into the following categories:
(a) loss of income or revenue;
(b) loss of business;
(c) loss of profits;
(d) loss of anticipated savings;
(e) loss of data; or
(f) waste of management or office time.
33. Nothing in the Terms excludes or limits in any way the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or the Promoter’s liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
34. By entering the Promotion the entrant hereby warrants that all information submitted by them is true, current and complete and that they are of the appropriate age to enter the Promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to request proof as to the eligibility of entrants.
35. If a court or any other competent authority finds that any of the Terms (or any part of any term) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that term or part of that term shall, to the extent required, be deemed deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other Terms shall not be affected.
36. The Terms will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.