These easy to make candy cane chocolate hearts are a Christmas gift winner. Chocolate and sweets – what’s not to love!
- Baking tray
- Baking paper
- Candy canes – 1 pack of 12 (makes 6 chocolate hearts)
- Presentation bags
- Oven lighter
- Take two candy canes and unwrap them.
- Place the candy canes in a heart shape on the baking tray. Using the oven lighter, place the flame at each touching point of the candy canes and gently heat the candy canes until you see a slight bubbling.
- Carefully hold the candy canes together for 30-60 seconds so that they stick.
- Break the chocolate into pieces and melt the chocolate over a pan of water in a heat proof dish. When the chocolate has completely melted, carefully spoon the chocolate into the centre of the heart.
- Smooth the chocolate to the edges, you can use a tooth pick, cotton wool bud or something small to get into the corners.
- Place the hearts in the freezer for 2-3 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Remove from the freezer. The chocolate will still be a little soft but not too soft. Add sprinkles, stars, shavings, and popping candy (our personal favourite) to add that extra decorative finish to your candy cane heart.