Serve warm with vanilla ice cream for a heavenly treat
- 100g Whitworths Brazil nuts
- 110g salted butter
- 110g soft brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs, separated
- 110g dark chocolate, finely grated
- 2 tbsp double cream
- 55g self raising flour
- Preheat oven to 160°C, Gas Mark 3.
- Lightly grease and flour a 20cm square deep cake tin.
- Coarsely chop the brazil nuts
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy then add the egg yolks.
- Melt the chocolate with the double cream, then fold the chocolate mixture, flour and brazil nuts into the butter mixture using a metal spoon.
- In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff and fold into the mixture.
- Pour the batter into the prepared cake tin.
- Place the brownies in the centre of the pre-heated oven and bake for 45 minutes or until the cake springs back when touched.
- Turn out onto a wire rack and cut into squares, serve warm or allow to cool.