Trick or Treating is fun as the kids get to show off their Halloween costumes and collect lots of sweets! Read these tips for a fangtastic (and safe) evening.
Treat or Treat tips
- Plan your route – You’ll know the area and where it’s best to go at night. Avoid any areas which are derelict or have no street lighting
- Wear comfortable shoes – Walking around will get tiresome for little feet.
- Stay noticeable – Carry an LED light up lantern or wear a high-visibility accessory – while it’s part of Halloween to dress dark and dangerous, you don’t want to blend into the night too well!
- Avoid costumes which are too long– A long cape may get in the way and obstruct children which may lead to tripping up.
- Check your child’s sweets – Ensure that all of the sweets collected are securely packaged and haven’t been opened or contaminated in any way. If there are any homemade treats, only consume the treats received from families you personally know.