Pets are a delight to have!
Read these tips interesting tips from WALTHAM on how to keep your cat happy and healthy.
- A shiny coat, bright eyes and supple muscle tone are all good signs your cat is nutritionally healthy. If you feed her a balanced food that’s right for every stage of her life, you’ll soon see it reflected in her appearance.
- It’s essential to make sure your cat always has a plentiful supply of fresh water.
- A portion of the pet’s normal dry ration maybe used as treats during training or play
- Treats should not account for more than 10% of the daily energy requirement
- Fitting a cat flap is a great way to let your independent cat come and go as she pleases – transparent flaps are ideal
- If you do let your cat explore the outside world, make sure she has a collar with a name tag, and a bell to warn potential prey. It’s important that the collar has an elastic section – this allows your cat to slip free if the collar gets caught on something.
- Cats rapidly become bored with the same toys, so it is important to provide as much variety as possible.
- Frequent meowing is often a cry for attention, so give your cat what she craves by stroking her regularly
- If your cat’s having fun in the sun, and you don’t want to spoil it, you can use sunscreen to protect her vulnerable ears – make sure you choose a non-toxic variety.
Developed with support from WALTHAM