Here’s how to make your own tomato pasta sauce using cherry tomatoes. This easy recipe will certainly bring your pasta to life with its creamy texture and delicious flavour.
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes (without the stem)
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 220°C/Gas Mark 7.
- Place the tomatoes out evenly on an oven tin.
- Drizzle the tomatoes with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with onion powder.
- Place the oven trays into the oven for 35 minutes until the tomatoes are wrinkly.
- Once they’ve cooled, put the tomatoes into a food processor.
- Add basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper to add flavour.
- Blend the mixture until it becomes smooth and creamy.
- You can use the sauce immediately or store in the fridge/freezer until needed.
You can use our Tomato Seed Starter Kit to grown your own cherry tomatoes! Check out How to grow your own cherry tomatoes and browse our wide range of seeds and bulbs for more fruit and veg in our gardening section.