THIS PROMOTION IS NOW CLOSED
Winner: Liam from Norfolk
Win a trip for 2 to Barcelona!
To enter, head down to your nearest store between 11th June and 13th July 2014, find the Gillette stand and take a ‘Selfie’ with Lionel Messi! The first 100 entrants will win a World Cup Brazuca Replique ball.
Simply upload this to your Twitter or Instagram page with the #Poundlandselfie or visit the Poundland Facebook page and upload direct onto our competition gallery.
(See in-store or visit www.poundland.co.uk/selfiegallery for more details).
Terms and Conditions
Please read before you enter our prize draw
1. These terms and conditions (“the Terms”) are the terms and conditions that apply to the “Poundland Selfie” prize draw between the Opening Date and the Closing Date (“the Prize Draw”) as promoted by Poundland Limited (company number 02495645) whose registered office is at Wellmans Road, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV13 2QT (“the Promoter”).
2. Participation in the Prize Draw constitutes acceptance of the Terms. By entering the Prize Draw all entrants will be deemed to be bound by the Terms.
3. In the event of any dispute regarding the conduct of the Prize Draw and all matters relating to the Prize Draw, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence or discussions will be entered into.
4. The Prize Draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 or over.
5. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, their affiliated brands and companies or any other persons professionally connected with the Prize Draw or their immediate families are excluded from entering the Prize Draw.
6. The opening date of the Prize Draw is 09:00am on 11 June 2014 (the “Opening Date”) and the Closing Date is 11.59pm on 13 July 2014 (“the Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date shall not be included in the Prize Draw.
7. To enter the Prize Draw: No purchase necessary. Simply (between the Opening Date and the Closing Date):
(a) Take a picture of yourself (“Selfie”) alongside an image of Lionel Messi (printed on various materials in Poundland Stores). Upload your Selfie to Facebook, Twitter or Instagram (“Social Media”) together with #poundlandselfie in the comment section. For Facebook upload your Selfie direct to the Selfie gallery via the Poundland Facebook page.
(b) Successful entries will be accepted on the Poundland Selfie gallery which can be viewed at www.poundland.co.uk/selfiegallery.
8. No entries from agents, third parties, organised groups or entries automatically generated by computer will be accepted.
9. Internet access and a valid email address are required. Entrants must have a valid Social Media account.
10. Multiple entries are not permitted and only one entry per Social Media account is permitted (i.e. you may submit a Selfie via all three Social Media or just one). Any person reasonably suspected of having created multiple Social Media accounts for the purpose of entering the Prize Draw shall be disqualified
11. The first 100 valid entries uploaded to the Poundland Selfie Gallery will win a consolation prize which will consist of an Adidas World Cup Brazuca replica football (“Consolation Prize”). Only 1 Consolation Prize can be won per household.
12. The main prize consists of two Nou Camp match day tickets and a trip for two to Barcelona for two nights (“the Prize”). The winner of the Prize will be the first entry drawn at random from all valid entries submitted in accordance with the Terms. The Prize is non-transferable, unless agreed by the Promoter in writing and no cash alternative is available. The Prize will only be awarded directly to the winner and includes: Return economy flights for two people from UK / ROI to Barcelona, Spain. Departure airports will be dependent on the direct availability from the winners’ nearest available international airport, which may not necessarily be the closest. Return transfers from the airport to the hotel in Barcelona. Two nights’ accommodation for two people at a centrally located hotel. 1x Pair of tickets to see a Barcelona FC home game at Camp Nou. Choice of matches for the 2014/15 season to be made available on notification to the winner that they have won the Prize (excludes games with Madrid). Camp Nou experience for two people. Includes: Entrance into the stadium, museum, Messi space and Multimedia Zone. European tourism tax. Travel is subject to availability at the discretion of the Organiser and excludes Christmas, New Year, Valentines, Easter, School Holidays and Public Holidays (both UK and Spain). It is the responsibility of the winner and winner’s guest to have valid passports and arrange any required visas for this destination. Includes all taxes, surcharges and one piece of checked baggage per couple. Transfers will be private and not shared with other passengers. Hotel will be selected by the Organiser but will be classed as a minimum of 3 Star and will be based on two people sharing a twin or double room (winner’s choice) with en suite bathroom. Also includes Tourism Tax for the duration of the winner’s stay. Entrance into Camp Nou is subject to availability. Opening times vary. Experience is not open during match days. Barcelona FC home game match will be of winners’ choice subject to availability during the new Spanish football season –2014/15. Excludes games with Madrid. All Prizes and Consolation Prizes must be claimed and booked by the winner within 12 months from the date of being notified by the Organiser that they have won. All other expenses incurred are the responsibility of the winner and winners’ guest. Travel to and from the UK or ROI airport is not included.
13. The Prize and Consolation Prizes are provided by Protocol and Gamble Uk (the “Organiser”)
14. The winner will be notified that they have won by direct message on the Social Media within 28 days after the Closing Date or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter, using the Social Media account details provided by the entrant. Entrants will not be contacted if they have not won.
15. All reasonable effort will be made by the Organiser to contact the winner. Upon receipt of notification that they have won, the winner will be required to contact the Organiser to claim their Prize or Consolation Prize and make the necessary arrangements to claim their Prize or Consolation Prize. The winner must respond to the Organiser, claiming their Prize or Consolation Prize within 48 hours of first being contacted by the Organiser. If any winner does not respond to the Organiser within the time specified, they shall forfeit their right to receive the Prize or Consolation Prize and the Promoter may carry out a further draw to select an alternative winner. The alternative winner will be the first entry drawn at random from all other valid entries.
16. No liability will be accepted by the Promoter or the Organiser if any Prize or Consolation Prize is lost or delayed in the post.
17. Late, incomplete or corrupted entries or those not made in accordance with the Terms will be automatically disqualified. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries delayed for any reason whatsoever. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for ineligible or incomplete entries.
18. Winning claims are subject to a full verification process and the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any winner if the Promoter is aware or has reasonable grounds to believe that the winner is not eligible or if the Promoter has grounds to believe that any winner has breached any of the Terms. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any winner if there is suspicion of fraud or if the Promoter has any reason to believe that the winner has acted improperly.
19. In the event of any winner being disqualified for any reason whatsoever, the Promoter may select an alternative winner by carrying out a further draw at random from all other valid entries submitted.
20. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, extend or terminate the Prize Draw and the Closing Date without notice for circumstances which are beyond its reasonable control. The Promoter also reserves the right to amend the Terms at any time. In the event of circumstances beyond its reasonable control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize or Consolation Prize for an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
21. Personal data provided by entrants will only be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”). For the purposes of the Act, the Data Controller is Poundland Limited. Information provided by entrants will be used for the administration and management of the Prize Draw, including (without limitation) for making arrangements with third parties for the delivery of the Prize or Consolation Prize to the Winner. The name and home county of the Winner may be obtained up to 10 weeks after the Closing Date by sending a request in writing along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: “Poundland Selfie Prize Draw”, Marketing Team, Poundland Limited, Wellmans Road, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV13 2QT.
22. The name and home town of the winner will be published on the Promoter’s website at https://www.poundland.co.uk within 28 days of receipt of the winner’s email providing the Address, or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter.
23. Subject to clause 25, if the Promoter fails to comply with the Terms, the Promoter shall only be liable to the entrant for any losses that she or he suffers as a result of the Promoter’s failure to comply (whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise) which are a foreseeable consequence of such failure.
24. Subject to clause 25, the Promoter will not be liable for losses that result from the Promoter’s failure to comply with the Terms that fall into the following categories:
(a) loss of income or revenue;
(b) loss of business;
(c) loss of profits;
(d) loss of anticipated savings;
(e) loss of data; or
(f) waste of management or office time.
25. Nothing in the Terms excludes or limits in any way the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or the Promoter’s liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
26. By entering the Prize Draw the entrant hereby warrants that all information submitted by them is true, current and complete and that they are of the appropriate age to enter the Competition. The Promoter reserves the right to request proof as to the eligibility of entrants.
27. The Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, any of the Social Media. Entrants shall ensure that they comply with each Social Media’s rules, guidelines and policies which can be found at their respective website.
28. If a court or any other competent authority finds that any of the Terms (or any part of any term) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that term or part of that term shall, to the extent required, be deemed deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other Terms shall not be affected
29. The Terms will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.