ProteinActive bars are scientifically designed to meet the protein requirements needed by everyone who is exercising regularly. They contain up to 68% protein which not only helps build lean muscle but is essential for muscle growth and healing.
Here are answers to the three most asked questions from the ProteinActive team.
Q. What’s the best way to lose body fat?
1. Don’t be afraid to break a sweat! – Do weights until you feel a burn in your muscles and be breathless when you are on the cardio machines or in a class.
2. Don’t use the gym as an excuse to be a dustbin! – There are 24 hours in a day and even training three times a week will only constitute three hours of exercise leaving 165 hours to ruin all your good work with a poor diet. Healthy eating and exercise complement each other and you won’t get results without addressing them both. Reduce sugary foods like chocolate and bread and make sure that there’s always plenty of protein in your system.
– Protein will kill hunger to stop overeating.
– It will massively help recovery after exercise.
– It helps build lean tissue which gives you a fearsome metabolism and burns up body fat.
ProteinActive bars contains high levels of protein and are ideal to be taken around training time or as a snack when training for weight loss.
Q. How do I put on muscle?
Lads, lets ditch the Scrawn and give the girls a bit of Brawn. Ladies, give weights the nod to get that head turning bod!
1. Do weight training at least three times a week focusing on your big muscles such as legs, chest and back. If you want muscle you have to leave your comfort zone and brave the weights area of the gym as classes and cardio just won’t cut it.
2. Keep stoking the fires of your metabolism by eating smaller meals 4-5 times a day to encourage your body to build muscle instead of store fat. Protein bars high in Whey Protein like the tasty Peanut butter blast are ideal for one of your 4-5 mini-meals.
3. When you get to the weights area put yourself in a frame of mind that you means you will push yourself hard. Try a bit of pumpin’ house or Linkin park on your ipod; a bit of Micheal Bublé’s greatest hits is not going to get you into beast mode!
4. Maintain your training routine. It’s easy to sign up for an annual gym membership, smash it for four days straight, struggle to walk for a week, and then never go to the gym again! However in order to see results, your training routine will need to be regular.
Respect your body…. get your zzz’s and don’t train every day. You grow and recover when you sleep and rest so aim to get 8 hours sleep a night, be in bed before 11pm and have rest days between weights sessions.
Q. Will weights make girls big?
This is by far the biggest misconception that women have about weight training! Pumping iron gives buns and guns of steel. Women have different hormones to men so they won’t get bulky with weight training, instead they’ll become slender and toned. Weights are very effective in burning fat resulting in a firmer body.
Angelina Jolie, Katie Perry and Abbey Clancy all lift weights and you can’t deny that they’re a trio of heavenly bodies.
Again, you can’t expect results without keeping an eye on your diet. When snacking use a high protein bar instead of chocolate on your tea break. They have a completely different effect on the body, they won’t puff you out like high sugar snacks which will bloat you and crush your motivation as you fail to see the results in the mirror that reflect the hard work in the gym.
ProteinActive Whey Choco blast bars have amazingly high levels of protein and go down a storm on your taste buds.
Shop in-store at Poundland! We have a range of Health & Beauty products for everyone, you can browse online or visit your nearest store. Remember to Like Us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up to receive our newsletter if you want to keep up to date with all our offers and competitions!