This promotion is now closed.
Terms and Conditions
1. These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) are the terms and conditions that apply to the ‘Poundland Big Clean” promotion (the “Promotion”) as promoted by Poundland Limited (company number 02495645) whose registered office is at Wellmans Road, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV13 2QT (the “Promoter”). Participation in the Promotion constitutes acceptance of the Terms. By entering the Promotion all entrants will be deemed to be bound by the Terms.
2. The Promotion is open to residents of England, Scotland and Wales aged 18 or over, excluding all employees of the Promoter and their immediate families, their affiliated brands and companies or any other persons professionally connected with the Promotion or their immediate families.
3. The opening date for the Promotion is 07:15am (UK time) on 15th January 2020 (“Opening Date”) and the Closing Date for receipt of entries is 11:15pm (UK time) on 13th February 2020 (“Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date shall not be included in the Promotion.
4. To enter the Promotion – Purchase necessary: Spend £5 or more on household and/or cleaning products (all eligible products are listed at https://www.poundland.co.uk/home-and-pet/cleaning) in a single receipted till transaction between the 15th January 2020 and the 13th February 2020 at any participating Poundland store (“Qualifying Purchase”), retain your till receipt and follow the entry instructions shown below. Only one entry per single unique receipted Qualifying Purchase will be accepted. Eligible Customers can however enter as many times as they wish, for each individual, singe receipted Qualifying Purchase they make.
5. Customers who make a Qualifying Purchase and retain their till receipt will be eligible to enter the Promotion (“Eligible Customers”).
How to Enter
6. Within 10 days of making a Qualifying Purchase, and before the Closing Date, Eligible Customers must visit www.poundland.co.uk/cleanpromo and complete the online application form which will be accessible from 07:15am to 11:15pm (UK time) each day between the Opening Date and the Closing Date. As part of the application form, Eligible Customers will be required to:
a) provide a valid telephone number, email address and UK postal address; and
b) upload a clear picture of their Qualifying Purchase till receipt.
For any queries relating to making an application/regarding an existing application, please contact Metrisk Limited using the contact details shown below:
Telephone: 020 80757789 (Open normal office hours, 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday).
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please allow 2 working days for a response).
Chance to Win
7. Eligible Customers, who submit a claim in accordance with clause 6 above, will have a chance to win one of the following prizes (“Prizes”):
|Prize||Quantity to be Won||Total Value of Prizes|
8. Each Prize has been allocated to a randomly selected time between 07:15am and 11:15pm every day between the Opening Date and the Closing Date (the “Winning Time”). The time at which Eligible Customers’ entries are validated after their entry has been submitted in accordance with clause 6 will be the entrants’ “Prize Entry Time”. The entrants with a Prize Entry Time which matches a Winning Time will win the Prize allocated to the Winning Time which matches their Prize Entry Time (“Prize Winners”). Each Prize Winner will receive instructions as to how to claim their Prize, which will include requiring the Prize Winners to provide details of their UK (GBP currency) bank account. The Promoter will decide, at its sole discretion, whether to pay the Prize into the Prize Winner’s bank account or whether to award the Prize to the Prize Winner in person at one of the Promoter’s stores, in which case the Prize Winner will be required to travel to the Promoter’s allocated store (at their own cost) to collect their Prize. They will also be required to provide valid ID confirming their identity.
9. The Winning Times are precise times, measured to the whole second, randomly spread between the Opening Date and Closing Date, between the hours of 07:15am and 11:15pm daily. The Winning Times are pre-determined before the Opening Date, have been securely stored with the Promoters legal representatives, and will be published at www.poundland.co.uk/cleanpromo along with the Prize Winners’ names and home town of residence within 7 days of the Closing Date.
10. Late, incomplete or corrupted entries or those not made in accordance with the Terms will be automatically disqualified. No applications from organised groups, third parties, agents, macros or other automated means, will be allowed. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for entries delayed for any reason whatsoever. No responsibility will be accepted by the Promoter for ineligible or incomplete entries.
11. Entitlement to enter the Promotion and any Prize is personal to the applicant and cannot be transferred, unless otherwise permitted by the Promoter.
12. Applicants MUST retain their till receipt as proof of making a Qualifying Purchase and as proof of purchase.
13. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, extend or terminate the Promotion and the Closing Date without notice for circumstances which are beyond its reasonable control. The Promoter also reserves the right to amend the Terms at any time.
14. Personal data supplied by entrants as part of the Promotion will be used solely for the administration of the Promotion and will be passed to and/or accessed by Metrisk Limited (“Metrisk”), for the purpose of providing Prize Winners with details of how to claim their Prize and for purposes of administering the Prizes. By entering the Promotion, entrants’ consent to their personal data being forwarded to Metrisk for these purposes.
15. Prize Winners agree to have their name and town of residence published on the Promoter’s websites http://www.Poundland.co.uk and www.poundland.co.uk/cleanpromo and agree to participate in reasonable publicity relating to the Promotion, at no cost to the Promoter.
16. Subject to clause 18, if the Promoter fails to comply with the Terms, the Promoter shall only be liable to the entrant for any losses that she or he suffers as a result of the Promoter’s failure to comply (whether arising in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or otherwise) which are a foreseeable consequence of such failure.
17. Subject to clause 18, the Promoter will not be liable for losses that result from the Promoter’s failure to comply with the Terms that fall into the following categories:
(a) loss of income or revenue;
(b) loss of business;
(c) loss of profits;
(d) loss of anticipated savings;
(e) loss of data; or
(f) waste of management or office time.
18. Nothing in the Terms excludes or limits in any way the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or the Promoter’s liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
19. If a court or any other competent authority finds that any of the Terms (or any part of any term) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that term or part of that term shall, to the extent required, be deemed deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other Terms shall not be affected.
20. These Terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.