‘Easter garden in a bowl’ – Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
Please read our terms and conditions before entering our Prize Draw.
1. These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) are the terms and conditions that apply to the “Easter Garden In A Bowl” prize draw (the “Prize Draw”) as promoted by Poundland Limited (company number 02495645) whose registered office is at Wellmans Road, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV13 2QT (the “Promoter”).
2. Participation in the Prize Draw constitutes acceptance of the Terms. By entering the Prize Draw all entrants will be deemed to be bound by the Terms.
3. In the event of any dispute regarding the conduct of the Prize Draw and all matters relating to the Prize Draw, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence or discussions will be entered into.
4. The Prize Draw is open to all UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding all employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, their affiliated brands and companies or any other persons professionally connected with the Prize Draw or their immediate families. The Prize Draw is not open to residents of the Republic of Ireland.
5. The Opening Date of the Prize Draw is 05:30pm (UK time) on 29th March 2017 (the “Opening Date”) and the Closing Date for receipt of entries is 11:59pm (UK time) on 9th April 2017 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date shall not be included in the Prize Draw.
6. Internet access and a valid email address are required. Entrants must also have either a valid Twitter account, a valid Facebook account or a valid Instagram account.
7. To enter the Prize Draw: No purchase necessary. Simply (between the Opening date and the Closing Date)
(a) Create your own ‘Easter garden in a bowl’ (as demonstrated by Crafty Beggars TV in the ‘Easter Garden in a Bowl’ video posted on Poundland’s Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Poundland and found here: https://youtu.be/-slpTlvaptg);
(b) Take a photograph of your ‘Easter garden in a bowl’ creation (your “Image”); and
(c) Enter via Facebook AND/OR Twitter AND/OR Instagram by following the relevant instructions set out below:
(i) Enter via Facebook
(b) Log into your Facebook account;
(c) Like the Poundland Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Poundland; and
(d) Post your Image on the wall of Poundland’s Facebook page with the hashtag #CraftyEaster.
(ii) Enter via Twitter
(b) Log into your Twitter account;
(c) Follow the Poundland Twitter profile at https://www.twitter.com/poundland; and
(d) Tweet your Image to @Poundland along with the hashtag #CraftyEaster.
(iii) Entry via Instagram
(b) Log into your Instagram account;
(c) Ensure your Instagram account is set to “public” – accounts set as “private” will be unable to enter the Prize Draw. You can access and amend your privacy settings by clicking on “options” and changing the relevant “account” setting;
(d) Follow the Poundland Instagram profile at
(e) Post your Image with the hashtag #CraftyEaster and tag @poundland_uk.
8. Entrants may make up to three entries by entering once via all three social media sites (i.e. one entry submitted via Facebook, one entry submitted via Twitter and one entry submitted via Instagram). However, multiple entries via one social media website are not permitted – only one entry per person per social media site will be accepted (i.e. persons may only submit one entry via Facebook, one entry via Twitter and/ or one entry via Instagram). Any person reasonably suspected of having created multiple Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram accounts for the purpose of entering the Prize Draw shall be disqualified.
9. Those entrants that, between the Opening Date and the Closing Date, submit an Image via Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram and comply with the relevant entry instructions as set out in clause number 7, in accordance with the Terms, will be automatically entered into the draw. Images or comments posted which are deemed, in the Promoter’s sole discretion, to be of an abusive, inappropriate, disrespectful or any other unacceptable nature will be removed from Poundland’s Facebook/Twitter/Instagram profile and the entry will be automatically disqualified from the Prize Draw.
10. The first entry drawn at random from those entries eligible for entry into the Prize Draw will win the Prize. The prize consists of 5 Poundland vouchers to the value of £10.00 (total value is £50.00) which can be redeemed at any Poundland store (excluding Dealz stores) and a selection of products from Poundland’s Easter range to the retail value of £10.00 (the “Prize”). In respect of the vouchers, only 1 £10.00 voucher can be redeemed per transaction and they cannot be used in conjunction with any other voucher, offer or discount. The vouchers must be redeemed within 12 months of the issue date (shown on the front of the voucher), after which time they shall expire. In respect of the Easter products element of the Prize, this will be entirely pre-selected by the Promoter and the Promoter cannot guarantee that any particular product will be included.
11. In the event of circumstances beyond its reasonable control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for an alternative prize of equal or greater value. The Prize is non-transferrable, unless agreed in writing by the Promoter and no cash alternative is available. The winner may not substitute, assign or transfer the Prize. The Prize will only be awarded directly to the winner.
12. The winner will be notified that they have won within 14 days of the Closing Date, or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter via the social media site through which their winning entry was submitted (“Notification”). I.e. if the winner submitted their winning entry via Twitter, they will be notified that they have won via direct message on Twitter, using the Twitter account details from which the winning entry was submitted. If the winner submitted their winning entry via Facebook, the Promoter will notify them that they have won by posting a response to the winner’s entry post on Poundland’s Facebook page. If the winner submitted their winning entry via Instagram, the Promoter will notify them that they have won with a comment from @poundland_uk on the winner’s #CraftyEaster Image. Entrants will not be contacted if they have not won.
13. The winner must, within 48 hours of the Promoter first sending/posting the Notification, claim their Prize by responding to the Promoter (details as to how to respond will be included in the Notification), providing the address to which they require the Prize to be sent (which must be situated in the UK). If any winner does not respond to the Promoter within the timeframe specified or they are unable to accept the Prize for any reason whatsoever, they shall forfeit their right to receive the Prize and the Promoter may carry out a further draw to select an alternative winner. The alternative winner will be the first entry drawn at random from all other valid entries (“Alternative Winner”).
14. The Promoter will dispatch the Prize to the winner within 30 days of receipt of the winner’s email/message claiming their Prize, or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter. The winner must ensure that the address provided is correct. No liability will be accepted by the Promoter if the Prize is lost or delayed in the post.
15. Winning claims are subject to a full verification process and the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any winner if the Promoter is aware or has reasonable grounds to believe that the winner is not eligible or if the Promoter has grounds to believe that any winner has breached any of the Terms. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any winner if there is suspicion of fraud or if the Promoter has any reason to believe that the winner has acted improperly.
16. By entering the Prize Draw entrants hereby warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current and complete and that they are of the appropriate age to enter the Prize Draw. Entrants aged under 18 warrant that they have obtained permission to enter the Prize Draw from a parent or guardian. The Promoter reserves the right to request proof as to the eligibility of entrants.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, extend or terminate the Prize Draw and the Closing Date if it deems appropriate and without notice for circumstances which are beyond its reasonable control. The Promoter also reserves the right to amend the Terms at any time.
18. Personal data provided by entrants will only be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”). For the purposes of the Act, the Data Controller is Poundland Limited.
18.1 Information provided by entrants will be used for the administration and management of the Prize Draw.
18.2 The first name and home town/city of the winner may be obtained up to 10 weeks after the Closing Date by sending a request in writing along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: “Easter Garden In A Bowl”, Marketing Team, Poundland Limited, Wellmans Road, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV13 2QT.
18.3 The first name and home town/city/county of the winner will be published on the Promoter’s website at https://www.poundland.co.uk/promotions within 28 days of receipt of the winner’s email/message claiming their Prize, or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter.
18.4 The Promoter may save and store any Image/ copies of any Image for the purposes stipulated in clause 18.6.
18.5 By entering the Prize Draw, entrants agree to their personal data/ Image being used in the ways described in clauses 18.1-18.4.
18.6 By entering the Prize Draw entrants also grant to the Promoter exclusive permission to use their Image (if the Promoter so wishes) throughout the world in all and any media, including, but not limited to, the Promoter’s printed publications, presentations, promotional materials, in the advertising of the Promoter’s goods, prize draws, competitions, promotions or services or on the Promoter’s website, at no cost to the Promoter.
19. If a court or any other competent authority finds that any of the Terms (or any part of any term) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that term or part of that term shall, to the extent required, be deemed deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other Terms shall not be affected.
20. Nothing in the Terms excludes or limits in any way the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or the Promoter’s liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
21. This Prize Draw is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Entrants shall ensure that they comply with the rules, guidelines and policies of the relevant social media site which can be found at:
(a) Twitter: https://www.twitter.com
(b) Facebook: https://www.facebook.com
(c) Instagram: https://instagram.com
22. The Terms will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.