Show off your pancake tossing skills in an impressive video or picture for the chance to WIN £50 in Poundland vouchers and a ‘Tosser Of The Year’ certificate!
How to enter:
1. Facebook – Post onto our page wall with hashtag #TopTosser. Image/status comments will not be included.
2. Instagram – Post onto your account with hashtag #TopTosser. Your account must be public in order for your entry to come through.
3. Twitter – Tweet your pic with hashtag#TopTosser. Tweets must be publicly visible for your entry to come through.
Terms and Conditions
Please read our terms and conditions before entering our Competition.
1. These terms and conditions (the “Terms”) are the terms and conditions that apply to the “Poundland’s #TopTosser” competition (the “Competition”) as promoted by Poundland Limited (company number 02495645) whose registered office is at Wellmans Road, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV13 2QT (the “Promoter”).
2. Participation in the Competition constitutes acceptance of the Terms. By entering the Competition all entrants will be deemed to be bound by the Terms.
3. In the event of any dispute regarding the conduct of the Competition and all matters relating to the Competition, the decision of the Promoter is final and binding and no correspondence or discussions will be entered into.
4. The Competition is open to all UK residents aged 18 or over, excluding all employees and their immediate families of the Promoter, their affiliated brands and companies or any other persons professionally connected with the Competition or their immediate families. The Competition is not open to residents of the Republic of Ireland.
5. The Opening Date of the Competition is 10:30am (UK time) on 6th February 2018 (the “Opening Date”) and the Closing Date for receipt of entries is 11:59pm (UK time) on 14th February 2018 (the “Closing Date”). Entries received after the Closing Date shall not be included in the Competition.
6. Internet access and a valid email address are required. Entrants must also have either a valid Twitter account, a valid Facebook account or a valid Instagram account.
7. To enter the Competition: No purchase necessary. Simply (between the Opening date and the Closing Date) submit a photograph or video of yourself tossing a pancake (“Image”) and enter via Facebook AND/OR Twitter AND/OR Instagram by following the instructions set out below:
(i) Enter via Facebook
(b) Log into your Facebook account;
(c) Like the Poundland Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/Poundland; and
(d) Post your Image on the wall of Poundland’s Facebook page with the hashtag #TopTosser.
(ii) Enter via Twitter
(b) Log into your Twitter account;
(c) Follow the Poundland Twitter profile at https://www.twitter.com/poundland; and
(d) Tweet your Image to @Poundland along with the hashtag #TopTosser.
(iii) Entry via Instagram
(b) Log into your Instagram account;
(c) Ensure your Instagram account is set to “public” – accounts set as “private” will be unable to enter the Competition. You can access and amend your privacy settings by clicking on “options” and changing the relevant “account” setting;
(d) Follow the Poundland Instagram profile at https://www.instagram.com/poundland_uk; and
(e) Post your Image with the hashtag #TopTosser and tag @poundland_uk.
8. Entrants may make up to three entries by entering once via all three social media sites (i.e. one entry submitted via Facebook, one entry submitted via Twitter and one entry submitted via Instagram). However, multiple entries via one social media website are not permitted – only one entry per person per social media site will be accepted (i.e. persons may only submit one entry via Facebook, one entry via Twitter and/ or one entry via Instagram). Any person reasonably suspected of having created multiple Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram accounts for the purpose of entering the Competition shall be disqualified.
9. Those entrants that, between the Opening Date and the Closing Date, submit an Image via Facebook, Twitter and/or Instagram and comply with the relevant entry instructions as set out in clause 7, in accordance with the Terms, will be automatically entered into the draw (“Valid Entries”). Images or comments posted which are deemed, in the Promoter’s sole discretion, to be of an abusive, inappropriate, disrespectful or any other unacceptable nature will be removed from Poundland’s Facebook/Twitter/Instagram profile and the entry will be automatically disqualified from the Competition.
10. One winner will be selected from all Valid Entries in accordance with this clause 10 (“Winner”). The Winner will win the Prize. To select the Winner, all Valid Entries will be reviewed by a judging panel of three, including two representatives of the Promoter and one independent person (the “Judges”). Each Judge will select their favourite entry from all Valid Entries submitted (the “Three Finalists”). The Judges will then deliberate and decide which of the Three Finalists is the Winner . In the event of a deadlock between the Judges, the Three Finalists will be placed into a draw and the Winner will be selected at random.
11. The prize consists of: 5 Poundland vouchers to the value of £10.00 each (total value is £50.00) which can be redeemed at any Poundland store (excluding Dealz stores) and an A4 certificate created by the Promoter (using the Promoter’s logo and brand colours) confirming that the Winner won this Competition (the “Prize”). In respect of the voucher element of the Prize, only 1 £10.00 voucher can be redeemed per transaction and they cannot be used in conjunction with any other voucher, offer or discount. The vouchers must be redeemed within 12 months of the issue date (shown on the front of the voucher), after which time they shall expire. No change will be given if any voucher is not redeemed in full during a single transaction
12. In the event of circumstances beyond its reasonable control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the Prize for an alternative prize of equal or greater value. The Prize is non-transferrable, unless agreed in writing by the Promoter and no cash alternative is available. The Winner may not substitute, assign or transfer the Prize. The Prize will only be awarded directly to the Winner.
13. The Winner will be notified that they have won within 14 days of the Closing Date, or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter via the social media site through which their winning entry was submitted (“Notification”). I.e. If the Winner submitted their winning entry via Twitter, they will be notified that they have won via direct message on Twitter, using the Twitter account details from which the winning entry was submitted. If the Winner submitted their winning entry via Facebook, the Promoter will notify them that they have won by posting a response to the Winner’s entry post on Poundland’s Facebook page. If the Winner submitted their winning entry via Instagram, the Promoter will notify them that they have won with a comment from @poundland_uk on the Winner’s #TopTosser Image. Entrants will not be contacted if they have not won.
14. The Winner must, within 48 hours of the Promoter first sending/posting the Notification, claim their Prize by responding to the Promoter (details as to how to respond will be included in the Notification), providing the address to which they require the Prize to be sent (which must be situated in the UK). If any Winner does not respond to the Promoter within the timeframe specified or they are unable to accept the Prize or any element of the Prize for any reason whatsoever, they shall forfeit their right to receive the entire Prize and the Promoter may carry out a further draw at random to select an alternative winner.
15. The Promoter will dispatch the Prize to the Winner within 30 days of receipt of the Winner’s email/messages claiming their Prize, or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter. The Winner must ensure that the address provided is correct. No liability will be accepted by the Promoter if the Prize is lost or delayed during delivery.
16. Winning claims are subject to a full verification process and the Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Winner if the Promoter is aware or has reasonable grounds to believe that the Winner is not eligible or if the Promoter has grounds to believe that any Winner has breached any of the Terms. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any Winner if there is suspicion of fraud or if the Promoter has any reason to believe that the Winner has acted improperly.
17. In the event of any Winner being disqualified for any reason whatsoever, the Promoter may select an alternative winner by carrying out a further draw at random from all other Valid Entries submitted. In the event of an alternative winner being selected for any reason whatsoever, the alternative winner will be notified that they have won, in accordance with clause 13, within 7 days of the selection being made, or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter. The alternative winner must then claim their Prize in accordance with clause 14. If any alternative winner fails to claim their Prize in accordance with clause 14, the Promoter reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to either carry out a further selection at random to select a further alternative winner, or donate the Prize (or an alternative prize of equal or greater value) to a charity of its choice.
18. By entering the Competition entrants hereby warrant that all information submitted by them is true, current and complete and that they are of the appropriate age to enter the Competition. The Promoter reserves the right to request proof as to the eligibility of entrants.
19. The Promoter reserves the right to amend, extend or terminate the Competition and the Closing Date if it deems appropriate and without notice for circumstances which are beyond its reasonable control. The Promoter also reserves the right to amend the Terms at any time.
20. Personal data provided by entrants will only be used in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”). For the purposes of the Act, the Data Controller is Poundland Limited.
20.1 Personal data and Images submitted by entrants will be used for the following purposes:
(a) For the administration and management of the Competition.
(b) The first name and home town/city of the Winner may be obtained up to 10 weeks after the Closing Date by sending a request in writing along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: “Poundland #TopTosser Competition”, Marketing Team, Poundland Limited, Wellmans Road, Willenhall, West Midlands, WV13 2QT.
(c) The first name and home town/city/county of the Winner will be published on the Promoter’s website at https://www.poundland.co.uk/promotions within 28 days of receipt of the Winner’ email/messages claiming their Prize, or as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter.
(d) The Promoter may save, store and reproduce any Image/ copies of any Image for the purposes stipulated in clause 20.3.
20.2 By entering the Competition, entrants agree to their personal data and Image being used in the ways described in clauses 20.1(a)-20.1(d).
20.3 By entering the Competition entrants also grant to the Promoter exclusive permission to use their Image and their first name (for the purposes of identifying them as the Winner of the Competition or as the person who submitted the Image) (if the Promoter so wishes) throughout the world in all and any media, including, but not limited to, the Promoter’s printed publications, presentations, promotional materials, in the advertising of the Promoter’s goods, competitions, prize draws, promotions, services, in post-Competition promotion or on the Promoter’s website, at no cost to the Promoter.
21. If a court or any other competent authority finds that any of the Terms (or any part of any term) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that term or part of that term shall, to the extent required, be deemed deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other Terms shall not be affected.
22. Nothing in the Terms excludes or limits in any way the Promoter’s liability for death or personal injury caused by its negligence or the Promoter’s liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
23. This Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Entrants shall ensure that they comply with the rules, guidelines and policies of the relevant social media site which can be found at:
(a) Twitter: https://www.twitter.com
(b) Facebook: https://www.facebook.com
(c) Instagram: https://instagram.com
24. The Terms will be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any dispute will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.