There’s a new baby on the way and it’s time to celebrate! Our new baby shower range is available to buy in selected stores and we’ve put together some tips to help you plan the perfect baby shower on a budget.
Our new Baby Shower range is in select stores from 12th June. Click here for a store list.
- Set the date – Find out what dates work best for Mum-to-be and if she’d prefer the baby shower a few months before her due date or as late as possible.
- Host at home – The best way to save money is to host the baby shower at your house. It’s best to avoid hosting at the Mum-to-be’s house so that she doesn’t need to worry about setting up the party or cleaning up afterwards. However if she’d prefer the party to be at hers, make sure she relaxes!
- Baby shower gifts – Gifts play a major part in baby showers and some guests may struggle for ideas or get items which are pretty bog-standard. Why not share a list of gift ideas with all of the guests to inspire them?
- Party food and drink – Do any of the guests love baking? Or maybe one of them is a master at making mocktails? Not only will asking guests to contribute help you save money but it’s also a lovely way of getting everyone to work together and feel more involved with the baby shower prep.
- Theme and decorations – Put up our baby shower bunting, use our themed tableware and place colourful balloons around the room to create a party atmosphere.
- Games – Baby shower games are a must! We’ve got baby shower games for just £1 each which include ‘Pin The Dummy’ and ‘Spin The Baby Bottle’ which has tasks such as ‘play peek-a-boo’ and ‘say your favourite nursery rhyme.’ Another fun game is guessing how big the baby bump is which you can then measure using our special measuring tape!
- Goody bags – End the baby shower with some goody bags and little gifts or snacks for the guests to take home.
Poundland Stores with Baby Shower range