Hello March! So the worst of the cold weather seems to be past us but March is a tricky month as it could still snow or we could have heavy frosts, wintry showers and strong winds – so be prepared for a mixed bag.
March Gardening Tips
General garden maintenance
- Ensure vulnerable plants are kept protected from Frost
- Protect Garden furniture from frost
- Ensure the birds are fed and watered
Vegetables, fruit & herbs
- Plant bare rooted fruit bushes and trees
- Buy your bulbs and seeds from Poundland as all the best ones go quickly!
- Spray over wintered plants with seaweed or nettle feed to improve growth and health
- Prepare some seed beds and plant seeds under cover
- Prepare vegetable seed beds and sow some vegetables under cover
- Warm areas of soil with polythene for April planting
- Sow seeds indoors
- Begin to chit your potato tubers, Poundland have a variety of Grow Your Own Potatoes
- Sow dill, chervil, chives under cover or in the greenhouse
Poundland have a great range of products to support your gardening activity in March, why not check out the range from our Gardening section online.