A simple recipe that’s an instant winner. Suzy’s yummy cookies will be gone in a flash.
Once you’ve baked these tasty treats, take a photo and share it on social media with hashtag #bakeamillion. Maltesers® will dontate £5 towards their £1m donation for Red Nose Day with each photo uploaded between 1st February – 24th March.
- 100g unsalted butter
- 125g light brown sugar
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1½ tsp vanilla extract
- 325g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 121g bag Maltesers®
- Place the brown sugar and butter together in a bowl.
- Place the bowl in the microwave for 30-40 seconds, to melt them together. (This will stop there being lumps of sugar in your cookies!)
- Add the caster sugar into the melted butter and brown sugar, and mix thoroughly.
- Beat in the egg and the extra yolk.
- Add in the vanilla extract and mix.
- Sieve in the flour and bicarb, then mix again to form a dough.
- Place the Maltesers® in a sandwich bag and give them a good whacking with a rolling pin, then empty the crushed Maltesers® into your bowl of cookie dough and make sure the pieces are thoroughly dispersed throughout the mixture. (You will need to use your hands!)
- Put the bowl of cookie dough in the fridge to chill for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, preheat your oven to 180 degrees Centigrade (Gas Mark 4) and line two baking trays with baking parchment.
- When the 20 minutes is up, remove the cookie dough from the fridge, roll into 18 or 20 even balls (the dough may be a little crumbly, but the warmth of your hands should bring it together), flatten each slightly and place them evenly spaced on the baking trays.
- Pop the trays in the oven for 11-13 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown.
- Once removed from the oven, immediately transfer the cookies to a wire rack and allow to cool completely.