Christmas can take a lot of planning and so to take away the stress, we’ve put together this Christmas countdown checklist to help you stay on top of everything.
From getting your Christmas cards sent out on time to stocking up on food, you’ll be able to relax on Christmas Eve and have a Cracking Christmas!
- Note upcoming events onto a calendar so that you don’t forget anything important.
- Start baking things that you can freeze – use our containers to store them in.
- Update your Christmas card list so that no-one gets missed when sending out ‘Merry Christmas’ cards.
- Shop for cards and wrapping paper – get the best ones early and tick that off your to-do list!
- Make plans for any overnight guests by ensuring you have enough spare toothbrushes, shower gel and any other necessities.
- Beat the crowds and start your shopping now – any bits and bobs or potential gifts that you see, get them now before it’s too late.
Beginning of November
- Update your master gift list.
- Create a Christmas budget.
- Start your Christmas shopping – Black Friday, Cyber Monday. The more you buy ahead, the better – especially if you’re posting gifts. Also, if you’re planning on purchasing electronics as gifts, this is the best time to buy.
- Keep an eye out for those Christmas films and classics which always bring the Christmas spirit into your home.
- Start writing up your Christmas cards and wrapping presents. You’ll thank yourself later in December!
- Need a new tree? This is the time to start buying.
- It’s time to dig out your decorations! Check your lights, ornaments, wreaths, and outdoor ornaments to see if anything needs replacing.
- Get down to Poundland to make sure you have all your celebration essentials; table decorations, serving platters, plates and wine glasses for meals and special parties including crackers.
- Research and prepare your recipes for Christmas meals and puddings.
- Check you’ve got everyone’s advent calendars ready for the Christmas countdown.
Three Weeks Before (First Week of December)
- It’s time to start decorating the home with your Christmas tree, decorations and ornaments! Get the kids involved to get into the Christmas spirit.
- Why not add some quirky baubles or decorations such as Unicorns and Doughnuts? Check out our range in-store.
- Shop for non-perishable items now, such as canned foods and alcohol.
Two Weeks Before
- Post any presents that need to arrive in time for Christmas day. Postage can experience delays around this time of year, so allow at least a 2 week delivery time frame.
- Shop food items that can be frozen – meats, uncooked stuffing, homemade sauces, and puff/shortcrust pastry.
One Week Before
- Give the house a deep clean.
- Buy any batteries, and additional equipment necessary for presents and children’s toys, if you haven’t already stocked up while Christmas shopping.
A few days to go
- Shop for your fresh ingredients.
- Start preparing food that can sit for a couple of days.
One day to go
- Recharge the batteries on your camera or video recorder, you won’t want to miss capturing any Christmas moments!
- Finish any last minute wrapping.
- Sit back, relax, and have a very Merry Christmas!