1. WHO ARE WE?
We are Poundland Limited, a limited liability company with company number 02495645, VAT number 547-5122-45, and with our registered address at Poundland Csc, Midland Road, Walsall, United Kingdom, WS1 3TX.
We own and operate the website at www.poundland.co.uk (the “Website”).
2. CONTACT US:
Telephone: 0333 234 1877
Phonelines open Monday - Friday 9am – 5pm
Emails will be picked up Monday – Friday 9am – 5pm
Post: Customer Services Team, Poundland Csc, Midland Road, Walsall, United Kingdom, WS1 3TX
3.3 Certain functions made available on the Website are governed by additional terms and conditions, including:
- 3.3.1 the Poundland Terms of Sale which governs any purchase you make on the Website;
- 3.3.2 the Poundland Returns Policy which applies to any returns process in relation to any purchase you make on the Website; and
4. THE WEBSITE
4.1 We may update and change our Website from time to time to reflect changes to our products, our users' needs and our business priorities.
4.2 We do not guarantee that our Website, or any information or content on it, will always be available, uninterrupted or error-free. Access to the Website is permitted on a temporary basis.
4.3 We may from time to time carry out general maintenance on the Website which may result in periods of down-time.
4.4 We may suspend, remove or restrict the availability of all or any part of our Website for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any such suspension or withdrawal. We will not be liable to you if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
4.6 The Website and the content on it are provided for general information purposes only. They are not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely.
4.7 You may only use the Website for your own domestic, private and non-commercial use.
5. YOUR ACCOUNT
5.1 You have the option to register an account with us on the Website ("Account"). In order to register an Account, you must be aged eighteen (18) or over.
5.2 If you register an Account, you will be asked to provide certain information (such as your email address) and to create a username and password as part of our security procedures. You must treat these details as confidential and you must not disclose them to any third party. Once you register an Account, you will be a “Registered User”.
5.4 You agree that:
- 5.4.1 all of the information that you provide to us in connection with your Account is complete and accurate;
- 5.4.2 you are the person whose details you have provided; and
- 5.4.3 you will notify us immediately if there are any changes to the information you have provided to us.
5.5 If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your Account login details, you must immediately notify us at email@example.com.
6. ACCEPTABLE USE
- 6.1.1 You agree not to:
- (c) do any act or thing that might damage, disrupt or otherwise interfere with the operation of the Website or any equipment, network or software used in operating the Website.
6.2 User Generated Content
- 6.2.1 If it is the case that you supply/upload any content to the Website – whether it be pictures, text, sound recordings or any other content – the content you supply ("User Generated Content") must comply with the following rules:
- (a) it must not be obscene, abusive, offensive or racist and it must not promote or propose hatred or physical harm against anyone;
- (b) it must not harass or bully another person;
- (c) it must be true and honest so far as you know;
- (d) it must not: (i) constitute pornography; or (ii) be sexual or sexually suggestive;
- (e) it must not be defamatory of anyone;
- (f) it must not be unlawful;
- (g) it must not use the material or content or infringe the rights or privacy of anyone else; for example you should not use images of well-known characters, footage or music (unless it is your own or you have permission to use it);
- (h) it must not contain someone else’s personal details or confidential information relating to other people;
- (i) it must not promote discrimination, whether based on ethnicity, race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age;
- (j) it must not promote or condone terrorism, violence or illegal behaviour;
- (k) it must not be harmful to minors in any way;
- (l) it must not impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person;
- (m) it must not give the impression that it emanates from or is endorsed by us, if this is not the case; and
- 6.2.3 In addition, we may from time to time provide interactive services on the Website that shall enable you to upload User Generated Content, including, without limitation:
- (a) comment facilities;
- (b) chat rooms; and/or
- (c) bulletin boards,
(together "Interactive Services").
- 6.2.4 Where we provide an Interactive Service, we will use reasonable endeavours to provide information to you about the kind of service offered and if it is moderated. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any Interactive Service we provide.
- 6.2.5 The use of any of our Interactive Services by a minor is subject to the consent of their parent or guardian. We advise parents who permit their children to use an Interactive Service that it is important that they communicate with their children about their safety online. Minors who are using any Interactive Service should be made aware of the potential risks to them.
- 6.3.1 We do not guarantee that the Website will be totally secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access the Website and we recommend that you use your own virus protection software.
- 6.3.2 You must not misuse the Website by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Website, the server on which the Website is stored or any server, computer or database connected to the Website. You must not attack the Website via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you may commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use the Website will cease immediately.
7. SUSPENSION AND TERMINATION
- 7.1.1 issue a warning to you;
- 7.1.2 temporarily or permanently remove any User Generated Content uploaded by you to the Website;
- 7.1.3 temporarily or permanently withdraw your right to use the Website;
- 7.1.4 suspend or terminate your Account;
- 7.1.5 issue legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs resulting from the breach (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs);
- 7.1.6 take further legal action against you; and/or
- 7.1.7 disclose such information to law enforcement authorities as we feel is necessary.
8. HOW YOU MAY USE MATERIAL ON OUR SITE
8.1 We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Website and its content, the Poundland name, mark and product names, images and packaging. Those works are protected by intellectual property laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
8.3 No part of the Website, including, without limitation, the text, designs, graphics, photographs and images contained in it, may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, re-posted, modified, transmitted or distributed or otherwise used in any way for any non-personal, public or commercial purpose without our prior written consent.
8.4 Any communications or materials you send to us through the Website by electronic mail or other means will be treated as non-proprietary and non-confidential (other than communications in respect of an order if you use the Website to buy products from us). We are free to publish, display, post, distribute and otherwise use any ideas, suggestions, concepts, designs, know-how and other information contained in such communications or material for any purpose, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, advertising and marketing us and our products.
9. OUR LIABILITY TO YOU
- 9.1.1 death or personal injury caused by our negligence;
- 9.1.2 fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; and
- 9.1.3 any matter in respect of which it would be unlawful for us to exclude or restrict our liability.
9.4 We only supply the Website for domestic and private use. You agree not to use the Website, or any content on the Website, for any commercial or business purposes and we have no liability to you for any loss of profit, loss of business, business interruption, or loss of business opportunity.
9.5 The Website may from time to time contain links to third party websites. You are responsible for deciding whether to access a third party website and your use of third party websites will be governed by the terms and policies of that third party website. We assume no responsibility for the content of websites linked to from the Website (including links to our commercial sponsors and partners). Such links should not be interpreted as endorsement by us of those linked websites. We will not be liable for any loss or damage that may arise from your use of them.
10. OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
10.1 If a court invalidates some of this contract, the rest of it will still apply - If a court or other authority decides that some of these terms are unlawful or invalid, the rest will continue to apply.
10.2 Nobody else has any rights under this contract - This contract is between you and us. Nobody else can enforce it and neither of us will need to ask anybody else to sign-off on ending or amending it.
10.3 Assignment - We may transfer our rights and obligations under any order to another organisation, but that will not affect your rights or obligations.
10.4 Even if we delay in enforcing this contract, we can still enforce it later - We might not immediately chase you for not doing something or for doing something you're not allowed to, but that doesn’t mean we can't do it later. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
11. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION